PDA

View Full Version : Paging Mr Phillips: Megs APC vs APC+ Question

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
07-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Mike,

Please explain to me the differences in as much detail as possible between Megs All Purpose Cleaner and Megs All Purpose Cleaner Plus

Thanks in advance

maximus20895
07-01-2010, 08:10 PM
D10301 All Purpose Cleaner Plus

* Designed to be low foaming for use in carpet and upholstery extraction machines.
* Diluted at the same levels it's stronger than APC.
* Lower cost per ounce compared to APC.

D10101 All Purpose Cleaner

* More foaming which helps visually when cleaning carpets by hand and brush. It's important to note that in the detailing industry this is an important factor so a person can tell where they're working on a segment of carpet or upholstery.
* Fabric softeners and brighteners.
* Not as strong as APC+
* Higher cost per ounce compared to APC+

APC+ is a tad bit stronger and it foams less. That's pretty much the gist of it. I would get APC+ and right now it's on sale! (which might be why your asking :) )

Lasthope05
07-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Just to note. APC+ also has a bit of degreaser in it.

kronos
07-01-2010, 08:55 PM
And APC+ is only $7 bucks right now!

Wendell Jarvis
07-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Mike,

Please explain to me the differences in as much detail as possible between Megs All Purpose Cleaner and Megs All Purpose Cleaner Plus

Thanks in advance

thats a good question, always wondered whats the difference too, if the APC is just for carpet and light cleaning or if APC+ is for more heavier soiled and more of a degreaser ???

Mike Phillips
07-02-2010, 08:03 AM
Here's a thread on this topic that I've already posted...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/21446-what-s-difference-between-meg-s-apc-apc.html

:)

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
07-02-2010, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the replies Gents!

steamshooter
07-04-2010, 07:30 AM
How do APC and APC+ compare to OTC cleaners like "purple power", "greased lightning", "greased lighting fast",:dunno: etc? IIRC these are alkaline cleaners?

Mike Phillips
07-05-2010, 01:12 PM
How do APC and APC+ compare to OTC cleaners like "purple power", "greased lightning", "greased lighting fast",:dunno: etc? IIRC these are alkaline cleaners?

I don't know of any comparative studies for the above or even threads on this forum but one thing for sure, anytime you're using a product that you're not familiar with be sure to test it first...

APC and APC+ are both concentrates and should be diluted before use, the OTC products you referenced are probably RTU or Ready To Use but read the directions on the packaging to be sure.

:)

Bert31
07-06-2010, 02:58 PM

I have always assumed that Purple Power, Greased Lightniing and others are pure degreasers (such as Meguiars Super Degreaser) whereas Meguiars APC is a concentrated APC and Meg's APC+ is a concentrated APC with a little degreaser in it. In other words, I would assume that Meg's APC and APC plus would be better for all around cleaning (tires, wheels, carpets, dash boards and other plastic interior, etc.) but I don't know if I would clean those types of areas with a pure degreaser. I generally use a degreaser in an area where grease and oils are prelevant such as cleaning an engine, cleaning polishing pads, etc.. Mike Phillips, would you agree with this?