PDA

View Full Version : carpet extractor advise

JJmp5
04-10-2006, 11:04 AM
I'm going to buy an extractor in the next week or so, just wanting some input on the different brands, psi, w/heat or w/o heat and gl. size. any comments greatly appreciated. thanks

Sleper
04-11-2006, 05:47 AM
I'm going to buy an extractor in the next week or so, just wanting some input on the different brands, psi, w/heat or w/o heat and gl. size. any comments greatly appreciated. thanks

I'm interested as well and have herd Tuffy Jr and the Mighty one are good?

TheAspec
04-11-2006, 08:16 PM
We use the Cobra-DLX from Diamond Lustre. It's 3 stage unit with heat at 200+ F at the nozzle. This is of course a commerical unit, and unless you want to spend $2200.00+ for personal use I doubt you'd be interested.

We have had the DLX since 2003, used daily, often several times per day and never had a single problem or issue with the unit.

Diamond Lustre does offer many other units, priced from $1600 - $3400. There web site is http://www.diamondlustre.com/extractors.htm.

Since you did not mention if this extractor was for personal use, or professional you might not find my post very useful. :)

Kelso
04-15-2006, 08:14 PM
you definately want heat. cant help with brands but i just know that heat makes it soooo much easier. and a bottle of stain remover helps too. we use stuff called Zap-It. its green and foamy, smells great, and removes many stains so the extracting is much easier

quikzilver
04-30-2006, 12:56 PM
How about using a normal vacuum cleaner, combined with Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner and the All Surface Interiour brush. Works great for me.

Sleper
05-01-2006, 08:57 AM
How about using a normal vacuum cleaner, combined with Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner and the All Surface Interiour brush. Works great for me.Thanks but looking for something that deep cleans not just clean the surface. :)

BlackRocks
05-26-2006, 10:51 AM
I have been looking at the Mytee line. They aren't up to the level of the Cobra units, but they appear to have great features and a good price. The HP60 looks to be a good unit and you can find it for under $1K. Anyone use any of the MyTee line of extractors?

Todd