PDA

View Full Version : WGPS over glaze

cartier36
06-30-2010, 05:48 PM
i was just going through another topic and somebody there recommended not to use sealant after glaze, as sealant will not bond perfectly. is it true? As i usually apply Wolfgang sealant over meg glaze #7.

Mike Phillips
06-30-2010, 05:58 PM
If I had a nickle for every time the issue of bonding came up as it relates to this question I would be a rich man...

You'll get a lot of different opinions from everyone and some manufactures will state that their products need to be applied to surgically clean finish. If it were me, I would apply it right over the #7 Show Car Glaze and stand back and admire the results.

I've never heard of an incident where someone walked out to their garage only to find a pile of wax or sealant piled up on the garage floor surrounding their car because it didn't bond and slipped off.

I've actually talked to chemist that told me in some applications, certain polishing oils will help, not hinder some protection ingredients to better bond to a surface.

So you'll get "opinions" from members, and recommendations from manufactures but if it were me... I wouldn't worry about it...

:)

cartier36
06-30-2010, 06:06 PM
Your already a rich man no need to collect nickles:) btw thanks for a prompt reply, actually I've been using this combo from the day i got my first order from autogeek and by far i think it gives the best result of all i've tried.That bonding issue statements got me confused.

BobbyG
07-01-2010, 05:14 AM
You'll get a lot of different opinions from everyone and some manufactures will state that their products need to be applied to surgically clean finish. If it were me, I would apply it right over the #7 Show Car Glaze and stand back and admire the results.

I've never heard of an incident where someone walked out to their garage only to find a pile of wax or sealant piled up on the garage floor surrounding their car because it didn't bond and slipped off.

Mike I could not agree more!!

I too do not know where these myths come from but if we'd all apply some good old fashioned common sense most of them would evaporate.