PDA

View Full Version : Can't wait to detail this!

Excessive Detail
11-07-2006, 09:21 PM
I posted picks of this truck a few months ago, it a good friend of mines. He had blown up the motor in it and it was sitting in his 4x4 shop, waiting for a new engine, so I figured it inside, its not going anywhere, so in my free time I tried my best to polish it out, I mean this truck should be the poster truck for fords 4x4, and I not just saying that to be cool, this truck has been to hell and back, in the mud more times than I can even start to count, I mean all my friends are amazed it made it to 120,00 miles, It probably would have gone a lot farther, but the oil pump went out on the interstate while he was doing about 100, yes 100. Anyway, I first used PB combo and it worked very well, of course some scratches were to deep, but overall amazed, got a lot of business from his customer seeing how clean it was. Well along with a new motor he decided to lift it hiogher and do a bunch of other stuff to it, which as you can guess led to total neglect of the paint. I helped on the majority of the stuff, I was proud in the end, put in my first motor, took two weeks and one cracked block, its okay somehow he got another new. As horrifying as it sounds during all this we basically used ever painted part of the truck as a step or used lean up against, and of course the thing is covered, I mean covered in swirls, scuffs, scratches, etc...
In the end we accomplished our goal and the truck it sitting on ten to twelve inches of lift and runs like a champ. Of course now its my turn to clean it up, can't wait, I will be taking alot of before and after pics and trying a lot of combos and of course many reviews are to come, not sure when, probably after my friend comes down off his high of having the truck running after 9 months or rest, he is in the truck like every second of every day. Anyway, just thought I'd share.
AG Rocks.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m133/ExcessiveDetail/P1010060.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m133/ExcessiveDetail/P1010065.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m133/ExcessiveDetail/P1010062.jpg

Tex Star Detail
11-07-2006, 09:25 PM
holy bigness

Cannot wait? That thing is black at that.
HAVE FUN!

Excessive Detail
11-07-2006, 09:38 PM
holy bigness

Cannot wait? That thing is black at that.
HAVE FUN!

I know, I just did the outside paint last time, you should see the door jams and the inside, I swear I blew out the side view mirrors for at least 5 minutes each untill all the dirt came out, and the funny part was the mirrors then worked again. The windows are gonna take at least a day themselves. I'm actually gonna take a lot of the faded and stained plastic parts off and just repaint them, not even gonna try to clean them up.

P1et
11-07-2006, 11:21 PM
Damn, he must have at least a 4" body lift on that thing!!! Tell him to take it off and put on a proper suspension lift, HAH!

But back to the subject: that thing is going to take you ages! How are you going to reach the hood/windshield/crap, pretty much everything!

sparkie
11-08-2006, 09:07 AM
Excessive Detail, you are a true detailer! "Can't wait" LOL

supercharged
11-08-2006, 10:24 AM
Can't wait, huh? Owner must offered you a lot of money, and you probably plan to do some holiday shopping on that, huh?;)

Excessive Detail
11-08-2006, 11:31 AM
Damn, he must have at least a 4" body lift on that thing!!! Tell him to take it off and put on a proper suspension lift, HAH!

But back to the subject: that thing is going to take you ages! How are you going to reach the hood/windshield/crap, pretty much everything!

Thats actually six inches of body lift and about 8 inches of a custom made Fabtech lift kit with resivor shocks front and back that were also custom made by fabtech, the best lift kits on the market. And yep I'm gonna to everything.

Excessive Detail
11-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Can't wait, huh? Owner must offered you a lot of money, and you probably plan to do some holiday shopping on that, huh?;)

No charge, this is a real good friend of mine, we help each other out on different things, so this ones free, and yes I probably will be doing some holiday shopping, I gonna probably use all stuff for this truck.

P1et
11-08-2006, 12:07 PM
Holy crap, 6" of body lift? I don't think it gets more unsafe than that... One heavy braking session and the body will probably slide right off the frame, HAH!

I personally don't believe in body lifts as it's "cheating" since it doesn't do anything but better the look of the vehicle. I was under the assumption that anything over 3" was a big no-no...

Excessive Detail
11-08-2006, 07:43 PM
Holy crap, 6" of body lift? I don't think it gets more unsafe than that... One heavy braking session and the body will probably slide right off the frame, HAH!

I personally don't believe in body lifts as it's "cheating" since it doesn't do anything but better the look of the vehicle. I was under the assumption that anything over 3" was a big no-no...

I understand what you mean, but this truck was done right, have jumped a few things with this truck and nothing broke, except for a few beer bottle, my boy does this for a livin, the biggest issue on lifting a truck safetly is the brand you go with, and I do agree with you on the whole cheating thing, I can't stand when someone uses a body lift and considers their truck lifted truck, but when your gonna do a big suspension lift you have to body lift it. My boys thinking of doing twenty two with 40s, its gonna look insane.

eng811ine
12-23-2006, 06:40 PM
wow 6" body, not to rain on your parade but thats probably one of the most unsafe things ive ever heard of doing. i couldnt imagine taking a turn with that thing.