PDA

View Full Version : Best Rinseless Wash

Pages : [1] 2

Adde
11-07-2006, 08:30 PM
I have a black car and now when winter is coming which rinseless wash would you use?

MikeyC
11-07-2006, 08:48 PM
I've used all three rinseless washes (QEW, Optimum No Rinse, and DP 4-in-1). Personally, I like the DP best because I feel it provides the most lubricity which is what prevents marring when washing. However, choosing between the Optimum and DP is like splitting hairs. They're both a cut above QEW IMO.

Adde
11-07-2006, 11:35 PM
thx

Whitethunder46
11-07-2006, 11:52 PM
I plan on getting DP 4:1 as a clay lubricant and also as a QD.

MikeyC
11-08-2006, 12:12 AM
I plan on getting DP 4:1 as a clay lubricant and also as a QD.

I use it as a rinseless wash during the winter and then I mix up some in a spray bottle come spring time to use as a clay lube.

Whitethunder46
11-08-2006, 12:26 AM
I use it as a rinseless wash during the winter and then I mix up some in a spray bottle come spring time to use as a clay lube.

Yea I needed something to use as a clay lube that was concentrated since I'll need it for multiple cars. Someone mentioned this, I looked into it, and it seems a good investment and should last awhile.

supercharged
11-08-2006, 06:10 AM
DP 4-in-1 works for me.

ScottB
11-08-2006, 06:42 AM
I found DP version and Optimum version to be similar. That said the Optimum use to smell like dung, and turned me off.

alban61
11-08-2006, 06:02 PM
I've used QEW and DP 4n1. Never tried ONR. Found DP 4n1 better than QEW too. Like MikeyC said, it feels like it has better lubricity, and a better shine than QEW. I use it as a QD too. The Sentra in my Avatar has only been washed with DP 4n1 since day 1. The Avatar picture was taken after DP 4n1 wash and CK QS wipe down while drying. The Sentra in the pic already had PB Natty's wax 2 weeks before.

MikeyC
11-08-2006, 07:07 PM
I found DP version and Optimum version to be similar. That said the Optimum use to smell like dung, and turned me off.

OMG!! The Optimum smells AWFUL. The DP doesn't exactly smell like roses either, but it's definitely better.

Strokin04
01-19-2007, 05:32 PM
How does the DP 4-in-1 work as a QD? I just got some in my last order and was wondering. Mike...

FloridaNative
01-19-2007, 05:46 PM

Would you say it smelled like camel dung or horse dung?? :p I'm sorry. I couldn't resist. lol

SVTContour
01-19-2007, 05:49 PM
How does the DP 4-in-1 work as a QD? I just got some in my last order and was wondering. Mike...

When mixed at it's QD ratio I like to spray it on lower parts of the car where the dirt and grime tends to accumulate to help loosen up the dirt before I clean up with my Ultra Plush Jr. that has been soaking in a bucket mixed at rinseless wash ratio.

When used as a light clean-up QD it cleans well. Initial apperance was ok, but I noticed that the apperance improved after a day.

justin_murphy
01-19-2007, 06:09 PM
The DP smells like Castor Oil.........bad child hood experience. You old schoolers know what I'm talking about!

I use it as a lube (NOT in the bedroom!), and as a QD.

Simple a product tha I cannot live without!

PhaRO
01-19-2007, 06:32 PM
I first used QEW then tried ONR and DP4N1. Preferred QEW. I had a gallon of DP4N1 though so when I ran out I started using that. Then I found out (didn't read the first bottle now did I) that ONR was 1/2 oz to a gallon. This made it cheaper so I bought a gallon. More I used ONR the more I liked it the best. Now I don't even notice the smell. They all worked great for me and I'd use any of them without hesitation. During my initial testing QEW was the only one I was using repeatedly on customers cars. Once I used ONR and DP4N1 repeatedly on same cars ONR stood out. I do prefer ONR now (just got my 2nd gallon in this week) and use it as directed (sometimes slightly more but rarely double). Maybe get all three and make a cocktail :)