PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite wax or sealant?

Pages : [1] 2

Phinox
06-29-2010, 11:06 PM
Hi, I would like to ask all of you AutoGeeks what your favorite Wax or sealant is. Please include what you like about the product and what color you use it on.

Dubbin1
06-29-2010, 11:42 PM
Souveran Paste by far, easy to apply/remove and IMO looks good on anything.

DP Poly Coat Paint Sealant, again easy to apply/remove and gives a nice shiny finish. Oh and you cant beat the price.

cobalt9123
06-30-2010, 12:32 AM
DP Poli-Coat Paint sealant, doesn't smell great but few sealants do...works very well, easy to apply and remove. Really gives that "Hard Candy" (excuse me Dodo Juice) look to the car. As if the paint was covered by a layer of flat ice.

Pinnacle Signature Series II, absolutely love the stuff. Price is fantastic , easy on, easy off, no chalky residue or waiting for haze. Oh, did I mention that you can layer SSII ontop of DP Poli Coat after it has cured? Well..you can :)

aERonAUtical96
06-30-2010, 02:46 AM
cobalt, how long do you let the DP Poli Coat cure?

Dubbin1
06-30-2010, 03:34 AM
cobalt, how long do you let the DP Poli Coat cure?

I let it go for 12hrs.

trhland
06-30-2010, 04:35 AM
pinnacle signature series/ or souveran paste waxes are great

Gunslinger
06-30-2010, 09:19 AM
Waxes...Griot's Best of Show Wax, Griot's Carnauba Wax Stick and Pinnacle Souveran. These are used for the "fun" cars.

Sealant...Griot's Paint Sealant. This is used on the daily drivers.

All are top of line products and I would recommend them to anyone.

DARK HORSE
06-30-2010, 09:36 AM
Ahh, so many waxes, so little time...

ThorGTP
06-30-2010, 09:39 AM
I am new to buying really good detailing products and so far the only things I have worth mentioning is Klasse AIO, and P21S. I love them both but of course going from your usual OTC stuff this has to be a step up, right? On a side note I must say that Meg's NXT 2.0 never let me down. It looks good, beads water like nobody's business and actually lasts for quite a while. In my opinion it's the best OTC wax I've ever bought. I look VERY forward to trying Sovrean (SP) sometime when I get the cash, I have the Sovrean (SP again) liquid wax and spray wax samples but haven't got to use them yet.

Sorry for the rant.

akimel
06-30-2010, 09:45 AM
My favorite waxes for my black S2000: Pinnacle Souveran, Wolfgang Fuzion. My favorite synthetic sealant for my black S2000: Blackfire Wet Diamond.

My favorite synthetic sealant for our glacier blue CR-V: Ultima Paint Guard Plus. Not only does it look great, but the ease of use is determinative for me. Wipe it on and walk away. I apply it to paint, cladding, plastic and metal trim, moon roof. The durability is pretty good--two coats got us through last year's winter. During the non-winter months, I like to re-apply every two months, not because the protection is failing but because it's too easy not to re-apply.

CakeDaddy
06-30-2010, 09:53 AM
Black Car Here !

I have the PoorBoys Nattys Blue Paste,Souveran Liquid & the Meguiars Yellow #26 on my shelf and the Meguiars Yellow #26 is my favorite go to.

I have to admit that the Souveran liguid is the perfect WOWO wax with no residue, but I enjoy the hard finish of the Meguiars 26.

Waxmax
06-30-2010, 11:07 AM
Sealants: BFWD and Menzerna Power Lock (tie) with 4 Star UPP next.

Waxes: Fuzion

steed76
06-30-2010, 11:31 AM
I actually bought the forum favorite kit.. Klasse AIO, sealant glaze, and topped it off with sov paste.. outstanding results, red paint looks so deep you could swim in it!

Irish
06-30-2010, 12:21 PM
Power Lock and Supernatural.

rwright
06-30-2010, 12:42 PM
Favorite wax so far - Pinnacle Signature Series II - Electric Blue Dodge Neon SRT-4 - Easy on Easy off

Favorite sealant so far - Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 - Easy on Easy off

With that being said:

Wax
2. Fuzion - Easy on Easy off, like a hybrid of Souveran and SSII
3. Souveran for black - use it and you will know
4. Dodo Juice Supernatural - just a great all around wax

Sealant
2. DP Poli-coat - easy to use, very durable

BFWD is ok. In all honesty I don't see what makes this a more popular choice? It has not provided any better results than DP Poli-coat or WGDGPS for me. I'm not stating this because it's AG's forum, I'm just stating the facts. Power Lock and Ultima Paint Guard Plus are next to be ordered by the way. :xyxthumbs: