PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Fuzion vs P21S Carnuba

Pages : [1] 2

GT3Racerich
06-29-2010, 07:38 PM
Hi Guys.
I am new to this.
The only wax I have used in awhile is P21S. I thought it was awsome.(very limited experiance)
I am putting together an order (Porter Cable 7424XP with 5 pads) and I think I will get Wolfgang Fuzion wax and Deep Gloss sealant.
How do these two waxes compare as far as:
How long they last.
Ease of use.
Shine.
I will be using them on a new white car with no damage.
Also, what pad (CCS 6.5) do I use for the wax, and for the sealant.
Thanks in advance, Rich

Mike Phillips
06-29-2010, 08:00 PM
I removed the duplicate post...

Both Wolfgang Fuzion and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 are easy to use by hand or machine.

I used both on the below Porsche, first sealing the paint with the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 and then a day later I applied the Wolfgang Fuzion. Paint came out like a black mirror.

Show Car Garage Video: 1994 Porsche Detailed for Operation Comfort Modeled by Brittany (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/26233-1994-porsche-detailed-operation-comfort-modeled-brittany.html)

:)

DARK HORSE
06-29-2010, 08:20 PM
Hi Guys.
I am new to this.
The only wax I have used in awhile is P21S. I thought it was awsome.(very limited experiance)
I am putting together an order (Porter Cable 7424XP with 5 pads) and I think I will get Wolfgang Fuzion wax and Deep Gloss sealant.
How do these two waxes compare as far as:
How long they last.
Ease of use.
Shine.
I will be using them on a new white car with no damage.
Also, what pad (CCS 6.5) do I use for the wax, and for the sealant.
Thanks in advance, Rich

Do not get 6.5" pads for correction work. Get 5.5" pads, they will correct much better with the PCxp.

cobalt9123
06-29-2010, 09:23 PM
Do not get 6.5" pads for correction work. Get 5.5" pads, they will correct much better with the PCxp.
:iagree:

And for applying the wax/sealant, you can apply the DGP sealant with the Blue 5.5" CCS pad and the Fuzion with the Red 5.5" CCS pad.

ScottB
06-30-2010, 04:41 PM
I line Fuzion best , but the newer 100% carnauba P21S is a nice product too.

GT3Racerich
06-30-2010, 07:54 PM
Thanks for your help guys.
I just ordered the P.C. with 5.5 pads, Wolfgang Fuzion wax and Wolfgang sealent plus some other odds and ends. Took advantage of the July 4th sale and the free shipping promo. I think I got a great deal.
I'm sure I will have some questions once I start.
Thanks again, Rich

ScottB
07-01-2010, 03:53 PM
I just ordered the P.C. with 5.5 pads, Wolfgang Fuzion wax and Wolfgang sealent plus some other odds and ends. Took advantage of the July 4th sale and the free shipping promo. I think I got a great deal.
Thanks again, Rich

just remember pics are requested and loved ... and we are all here to help you. You got some great products !

A4 1.8tqm
07-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Both Fuzion and DGPS are very easy to use. I suggest applying these by hand, Fuzion with a small foam applicator and DGPS with a either a foam or Microfiber-covered foam applicator. Machine application is fine but I feel it may be a little wasteful, I machine apply DP Max Wax and Autoglym HD etc. but Fuzion and Souveran etc. get the hand treatment. Just my $0.02

Stype4life
09-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Both Fuzion and DGPS are very easy to use. I suggest applying these by hand, Fuzion with a small foam applicator and DGPS with a either a foam or Microfiber-covered foam applicator. Machine application is fine but I feel it may be a little wasteful, I machine apply DP Max Wax and Autoglym HD etc. but Fuzion and Souveran etc. get the hand treatment. Just my $0.02
i would imagine using the machine would make the job quicker and I think the machine would do a better job buffing then hand would.

WRAPT C5Z06
09-06-2010, 12:33 PM
Thanks again, Rich
Hope you didn't forget a 5" backing plate to go with the pads.

veeko
09-07-2010, 11:31 AM
I really wish I would have read that 5.5" pads do a better job than 6.5" when it comes to correction before placing my order for the PCXP w/ XL Pad Kit. Hope I'll still be fine with the 6.5" pads.

Kurt_s
09-07-2010, 01:07 PM
I really wish I would have read that 5.5" pads do a better job than 6.5" when it comes to correction before placing my order for the PCXP w/ XL Pad Kit. Hope I'll still be fine with the 6.5" pads.
Contact the folks at AG and see if they can help you.

Otherwise, the 6.5" should work fine. The 5.5" should cut faster.

You may need to consider the extent of corretion required, chemicals and pad to realize the difference.

veeko
09-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Contact the folks at AG and see if they can help you.

Otherwise, the 6.5" should work fine. The 5.5" should cut faster.

You may need to consider the extent of corretion required, chemicals and pad to realize the difference.

Unfortunately the kit is prepackaged and they are unable to swap any of the pads. I can see how the 5.5" pads would cut faster though. I would assume it has to do with the amount of the backplate that actually makes contact with the pad which allows it to work more accurate and effectively.

PAR Detailing
09-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Unfortunately the kit is prepackaged and they are unable to swap any of the pads. I can see how the 5.5" pads would cut faster though. I would assume it has to do with the amount of the backplate that actually makes contact with the pad which allows it to work more accurate and effectively.

Alot of it has to do with surface area of the pad. The 5.5 pads are smaller so the machine is able to spin them better thus lending itself to faster correction.

Since you are getting the 6.5 pads you need to learn how to clean on the fly, search mikes threads and you will find it (I'd give you a link but I'm using my phone) cleaning them will help keep them from getting saturated with spent product also aiding in faster, better correction.

Jon

veeko
09-07-2010, 03:27 PM
found it, thanks jon!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/24213-fly-pad-cleaning.html

and

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/20135-how-clean-your-foam-pad-fly-when-using-porter-cable-style-da-polisher.html