PDA

View Full Version : GGROP quit working (moved)

Pages : [1] 2 3

jayhkr
06-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Ok, I thought it might be better suited in here rather than in the Ask Mike area. (Moderator will you please delete the other post)

Ok, calling all cars, calling all cars we have a 10-22 in progress. I'm 75% done with my polishing stage and the GG DA just stopped working. It was working great for about 3.5 hours then for about 5 minutes it started to sound like it was loosing power, kind of like a pulsing sound. I unpluged it thinking it was the extension cord. I pluged it directly into the outlet and it won't turn back on now. I've had this for less than 2 weeks and this is its 2nd use. Any help? I would call AG but they will be closing in 10 min.

Mike Phillips
06-29-2010, 05:24 PM
Yep... everyone's gone for the day...

Send Dwayne an e-mail or a PM or call him here at 1-800-869-3011 ext. 212

Autogeek always takes care of their customers...

:)

cobalt9123
06-29-2010, 05:44 PM
Mine is done for as well. I was told to contact Griot's and not Autogeek, is this correct Mike? I've only used it 4 times..

DARK HORSE
06-29-2010, 06:46 PM
Mine is done for as well. I was told to contact Griot's and not Autogeek, is this correct Mike? I've only used it 4 times..

Jordan, call Dwayne and tell him that you want him to take care of it for you...I would ask him to credit you the amount towards a PCxp...

Mike Phillips
06-29-2010, 07:04 PM

Best thing to do is to call Customer Care tomorrow after 9:00am Eastern Time and talk to one of our Customer Care Staff.

1-800-869-3011

Thank you!

:)

cobalt9123
06-29-2010, 07:10 PM
Jordan, call Dwayne and tell him that you want him to take care of it for you...I would ask him to credit you the amount towards a PCxp...

You'd suggest the PCxp over the GGROP? I've heard the PC is rock solid but kind of weak..?

DARK HORSE
06-29-2010, 07:17 PM
You'd suggest the PCxp over the GGROP? I've heard the PC is rock solid but kind of weak..?

I use a PCxp, it works very well when used with proper technique, and yes it is a very high quality tool (rock solid)...You are correct, it's not as powerful as the GG, but it's definitely not weak, it has plenty enough power to correct paint when used w/ proper technique.

cobalt9123
06-29-2010, 07:25 PM
I use a PCxp, it works very well when used with proper technique, and yes it is a very high quality tool (rock solid)...You are correct, it's not as powerful as the GG, but it's definitely not weak, it has plenty enough power to correct paint when used w/ proper technique.

Interesting...thanks for the input. I see that the PCxp is on sale right now for 124.99...and I paid $129.99 for my GG 6" ROP, I wonder if Autogeek would be willing to trade it out for that since it is on sale?

Thanks for the number Mike

DARK HORSE
06-29-2010, 07:26 PM
Interesting...thanks for the input. I see that the PCxp is on sale right now for 124.99...and I paid $129.99 for my GG 6" ROP, I wonder if Autogeek would be willing to trade it out for that since it is on sale?

Thanks for the number Mike

Let us know how eveything unfolds...

itzJoker
06-29-2010, 07:53 PM
The allen bolt holding the handle on my GG ROP fell off while I was polishing...
I'm starting to have second thoughts on my GG ROP, though I've only used it twice and it's my first DA ever.

jayhkr
06-29-2010, 10:51 PM
Now get this guys. After I posted and did some searching, I went downstairs and took the little black handle thing off thinking that maybe those 2 extra thingies had gone bad:

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l129/jayhkr/Detailing/010.jpg

Well I couldn't find this under that piece so I wiggled stuff around (that's my technical side coming out) I put the black grip back on, plugged it in and it works now. I have no idea what I did or if "I" even did anything. Maybe there was a wire loose or something. Either way I was able to complete my truck, but I'm still going to call Dwayne and talk to him tomorrow.

Harleyguy
06-30-2010, 07:56 AM
Those two things are the brushes.They look fine from the picture you posted.The brushes do wear out to a point that there is very little material left close to were the wire attaches them.You may be right and the female connector may of been loose loose you can use a pair of pillers to tigten the female connector.

jayhkr
06-30-2010, 09:13 AM
They should look fine, these were the extra's they sent. My issue is I don't know where they go, lol. The only area that I really looked in was under the black grip where the speed dial is. I think for right now I'm going to leave it be and not mess with it anymore. If it happens again then I'll know who to call.

bodavenport
07-01-2010, 12:09 PM
I love my GGROB, I have done about six cars with it a few hammered and no problems to date, but that is why they have a lifetime guarentee in case something does go wrong.

Meghan
07-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Griots polisher has a lot of power and they work great, but if you have any trouble with them Griots stands behind all of their products!