PDA

View Full Version : I love when an employee quits with out notice!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

trhland
06-29-2010, 07:28 AM
well woke up this morning to find out 1 of my guys quit. no notice nothing...working for me is a great job payed holidays payed through lunch .great salery.. and this is howi got treated... as if i dont have enough going on . wife pregnent bed rest back and forth to hospital. owell this is what owning a business is . just would have been nice toget at least a week notice . but these guys dont give a crap. so now i need to hire a nother guy.. sorry for the rant. just wasnt exspecting this ...

steed76
06-29-2010, 07:41 AM
trhland,

Owning 2 businesses myself.. One resraurant and a Mold remediation equipment business, i certainly feel your pain! I've had people not even show up like that for 2 days. No call no show and then get angry when they learn that you replaced them and don't understand why! People this day and age feel its their god-given right to have a job... I feel it's a privelidge. Hopefully you'll find good help as quick as you lost it! Good luck!:xyxthumbs:

trhland
06-29-2010, 07:52 AM
trhland,

Owning 2 businesses myself.. One resraurant and a Mold remediation equipment business, i certainly feel your pain! I've had people not even show up like that for 2 days. No call no show and then get angry when they learn that you replaced them and don't understand why! People this day and age feel its their god-given right to have a job... I feel it's a privelidge. Hopefully you'll find good help as quick as you lost it! Good luck!:xyxthumbs:
thanks !!!

Indy YZF
06-29-2010, 08:06 AM
I agree, I left and gave 3 weeks notice to teach as much as I could to the next guy. I thought it was the right thing to do. I expect the same from my guys (or gals) at my new position.

evilwrx
06-29-2010, 08:08 AM
On the flip side, be glad that you are in business for yourself. I was a senior manager at a large retail establishment and the hoops that we had to go through to get someone fired would kill you. If they no call, no show for 2 days and show up the 3rd day all I could do is give them a written warning. How I would have liked to fire them on the spot. :bash:

Meghan
06-29-2010, 08:28 AM
Look at the bright side if he had no problem doing that to you, you can only imagine what else, like steal from you, or your clients. Best to remove the bad apples and replace with good ones... timing is just bad for you. Hang in there!

ollever
06-29-2010, 09:23 AM
Couldn't be treating him that good, or he would not have done that to you, better take a look at your own practices and policies toward your employees.

daveinsweethome
06-29-2010, 09:27 AM
sure been there. best case i ever had was how to push a truely scare psycopath (yeah i hired him) out the door without him realizing it and bringing a ak47 into my office. best fire i ever did. bet you have worked 12 hr days plus and weekends most of your life. good luck with the replacement

rwright
06-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Couldn't be treating him that good, or he would not have done that to you, better take a look at your own practices and policies toward your employees.

Not always true. At my last job we had a new guy start, a guy that was in a few of my college classes, and I put in a good word for him as he was in the trial phase. I mentioned how he was always in class regardless of what was going on in his life, he showed a lot of respect to the professor, outside of class he was a great person too. I noticed a few days later that he wasn't around. So I asked his supervisor what happened to him and he stated "I don't know. He was a great guy and looked to be very promising for the position. He's been a no show for several days now." I was so embarrassed and apologized several times. I later found out that he decided the job wasn't for him but had no intentions of telling anyone. I have no sympathy for people when they show a lack of respect for their employment and walk away without notice.

trhland
06-29-2010, 11:27 AM
Look at the bright side if he had no problem doing that to you, you can only imagine what else, like steal from you, or your clients. Best to remove the bad apples and replace with good ones... timing is just bad for you. Hang in there!
thank you !

Bunky
06-29-2010, 11:27 AM
I guess the guy will not be using you as a reference but some people do not think like others so they see nothing wrong.

trhland
06-29-2010, 11:28 AM
these guys will quit to work for another company if they pay him 50 centsmore.

trhland
06-29-2010, 11:31 AM
this actually happens alotwith landcsapers that hire mexicans . tye work great but when there tired of u there gone..

trhland
06-29-2010, 12:04 PM
so far i got a guy for a couple days this week. so thats good

ollever
06-29-2010, 12:23 PM
That's fine, your pointing out one specific example. I could point out a hundred other examples of workers being treated like dogs. And I also love the other references made about being killed or shot by scorned employees. Sorry guys, most regular joes' are just trying to get by on pathetic wages. The regular working American is NOT some ticking time bomb waiting to go off.
A little respect and decent living wages is all that is needed to keep your workers happy and dedicated. This is not the forum for this this discussion, but I think something needs to be said when all the big time "senior managers" and "business owners" start slinging their bull****.