PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning non-carpeted floor mats

mcpp66
06-28-2010, 10:42 PM
I'm going to do a friend's interior and she's not sure what kind of material her floor mats are. She got them from either Auto Zone or Advance Auto. Anyhow, what's the best way to clean mats of these kinds? Will DP Interior Cleaner work well? Is there anything that should be done after cleaning it? Like a protectant that won't make them slick?

cobalt9123
06-28-2010, 10:47 PM
I'm going to do a friend's interior and she's not sure what kind of material her floor mats are. She got them from either Auto Zone or Advance Auto. Anyhow, what's the best way to clean mats of these kinds? Will DP Interior Cleaner work well? Is there anything that should be done after cleaning it? Like a protectant that won't make them slick?

They are most likely some sort of rubber. DP Interior Cleaner will work fine depending on how bad they are. Sometimes you can get away with spraying them down with a cleaner and wiping it off. Other times, you will have to get a scrub brush out and get something with a little more suds (whatever kind of soap) + some All purpose cleaner and hose them down to get rid of some tough buildup.

I would not worry about protecting the floormats at all.

Jumpingbean
06-29-2010, 12:06 AM
I always clean any rubberized floor mats with APC and a good scrubbing. Then rinse. Repeat if necessary. Simple

ScottB
06-29-2010, 04:35 PM
APC is often my choice ... dilute depending on makeup of mat.

mcpp66
06-29-2010, 05:01 PM
APC is often my choice ... dilute depending on makeup of mat.

What exactly determines how much you dilute it? What's the dilution ratio?

Mike Phillips
06-29-2010, 07:07 PM
I'm going to do a friend's interior and she's not sure what kind of material her floor mats are.

First thing to do is to find out what you're working on then match the product to the surface being treated.

:xyxthumbs: