PDA

View Full Version : Need advice - Relocating

LuxuryMobile
06-28-2010, 08:38 PM
Quick background: I’ve been detailing for 3 years now (all mobile, some jobs at my house) Do everything from simple wash packages, to full paint correction. I haven’t ever really pushed for business or advertised much because I have been working a full time job as well. Probably 70% of my work is repeat clients, 30% referral work.
I’m going to be moving 7 hours away and fortunate enough that I will not need a full time job, or much income really. I will however need/want to make some money monthly.
My question for everyone is what do you suggest I do, to market myself, as a brand new mobile detailer in the area? 1-2 cars a week would be ideal. I will have access to a single car garage, water, power and all supplies to complete everything from a wash to paint correction.
I have professionally done business cards with my information on them. Other than that I do have any other flyers or similar items to use to market my services.
Any advice or ideas will definitely be appreciated.

cobalt9123
06-28-2010, 08:45 PM
Obviously you'll have to get your name out there. One of the best ways, in my opinion, as a non-detailier for money ( I just do it for fun) would be having a super nice car that is completely scratch free and shining all the time with your logo/contact information on it. Obviously this could be yours or anyone willing to put it on their car, if they would be willing. Word of mouth and seeing the results of your work is the best way to do it...in my opinion.

If you can spare it, maybe give out some free wash/waxes. Probably 80% of the people will just do it for the free wash/wax but there could be a substantial amount of people that will love the results of your work and want you to do it more. Basically...get them hooked like you got hooked. Show them a clean car, if they ask for more, give them a test spot of a polished area on an inconspicuous space..and go from there.

LuxuryMobile
06-28-2010, 09:16 PM
These both seem like good ideas. I always keep my car real clean,(lifted Yellow 01 Jeep Wrangler). Maybe I can pick up some magnets for the doors, when there actually on the car ;).

I definitly agree that a free wash and wax could be a good way to get some referal work. I strongly feel that once my name is out there, I will be able to get some work together.

Thanks for your input

cobalt9123
06-28-2010, 09:22 PM
These both seem like good ideas. I always keep my car real clean,(lifted Yellow 01 Jeep Wrangler). Maybe I can pick up some magnets for the doors, when there actually on the car ;).

I definitly agree that a free wash and wax could be a good way to get some referal work. I strongly feel that once my name is out there, I will be able to get some work together.

Thanks for your input

Magnets are a great idea, my networking company has full car wraps but that's because we have dedicated work vans Im the MAN

Just make sure that Jeep is always spotless and shining, and I mean SHINING. Yellow is a very attention-getting color and people will definitely take notice if there's a magnet on the car. Make sure the contact information is readable and put one on the sides and rear as well.

And I believe the free wash-wax is a good idea as well. I'm not saying use all your best stuff, but I'm definitely not saying use cheap stuff. You can use Natty's or DPs line of waxes for cheap. Make sure you let them feel the surface of the car after waxing, I know when I first started detailing I loved that feeling. If you let them feel that smooth feeling paint, they'll most likely love it. They will probably check for it over the next few weeks (if they're at all interested in keeping their car clean) and eventually it will be gone from the car when the wax is gone. At that point, they'll think "Hey..I want that feeling/shine back!" :props:

Good luck!