PDA

View Full Version : New site

Pages : [1] 2 3

sullysdetailing
06-28-2010, 07:04 PM
My new site is up and running still have little things to fix here and there and add more cars to the album but besides that everything is up. Let me know what you guys thing

spike
06-28-2010, 07:43 PM
I think your site looks totally professional and eye-catching. I really like it! And I hope people will take the time to read your FAQ's, because they are full of great info, and they really describe the difference between the wash n wax places versus a real professional detailer like you. Awesome job!! :dblthumb2:

sullysdetailing
06-28-2010, 07:50 PM
Thanks Alot

feslope
06-28-2010, 08:06 PM
Can I give you a call at your signature number tomorrow?

cobalt9123
06-28-2010, 08:48 PM
I don't see any detailing services? Just the 4 options and none that say wash/wax/polish? Maybe it's because I'm viewing in Chrome? Or do you not offer those services?

sullysdetailing
06-28-2010, 09:11 PM
Can I give you a call at your signature number tomorrow?
Yes If I do not pick up leave a message

I don't see any detailing services? Just the 4 options and none that say wash/wax/polish? Maybe it's because I'm viewing in Chrome? Or do you not offer those services?

Click on Services there is Bronze Gold Silver Platinum and New car prep as well as show car prep after the packages keep scrolling down

cobalt9123
06-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Click on Services there is Bronze Gold Silver Platinum and New car prep as well as show car prep after the packages keep scrolling down

Ah, then I do have some suggestions: That section looks a little crowded, it seems like a whole bunch of text and not a lot of interactivity. Some people may see this as a good thing but others may want to see a picture, even if small, in that area of a car that has had that treatment done. I'd suggest some befores/afters if you can fit them in. Maybe make them a tiny thumbnail that you can click and they become larger as in a thickbox viewing pane.

Also, you might want to put those packages on the Services drop-down menu..some people might just scroll over the drop down and think those are the only services you offer (Like me...:)).

The viewing pane is also a little small. People won't like how it seems to limit their viewing to such a small space and how they have to keep scrolling and scrolling for information and pictures.

Otherwise, nice site! I like "new age" interactive sites. People have to see that you're fully committed and if you slouch on a website chances are they'll think you'll slouch on their car... a very-well developed website that's easy to navigate can make or break your business. :props:

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
06-29-2010, 02:24 AM
Really like the site man.

I'm in the process of putting mine together, but I tried to look at your site from a 'clients' standpoint...i saw a couple things you might want to try..

First, under 'services' I would have a link in your drop down menu for the main thing you offer....detailing! :xyxthumbs: If i was someone who didnt really know what detailing was I might think the other 4 things in your drop down menu were all that you offered and if they dont actually click the 'services' button...they would never see your list of paint correction packages.

The second thing I'd consider, which as soon as i get mine put together right is what i plan to do, is have a link for main things like 'compound', 'polish', 'wax', 'sealant', and 'clay bar'.

I know for me, when i first started out, i didnt even know about a clay bar...I had no idea the difference between a compound, polish and wax...and didnt know about a sealant either. I THINK you covered all the info on the different between them all in you FAQ (did a very nice job in there i think :) )....but suggest maybe adding links that will take the person directly to that part of your FAQ.

I'm not sure if you offer claying in all Silver or Gold packages (it doesnt say, maybe consider putting that in the list if you do clay?)...but if you do...and the customer comes across that you 'clay bar'...make that the link to your FAQ....so they know what your talkin about:dblthumb2:

Those are just the 2 main things i'd suggest...the rest looks pretty good to me...except maybe you could make the pictures in your 'blog' area full size...the customers could see before/after shots side by side....I know for me thats how i like to see car pics hehe.

Hope this helps ya some...and hope i get mine put together soon..i HATE designing stuff like that, its so time consuming!

sullysdetailing
06-29-2010, 07:00 AM
Really like the site man.

I'm in the process of putting mine together, but I tried to look at your site from a 'clients' standpoint...i saw a couple things you might want to try..

First, under 'services' I would have a link in your drop down menu for the main thing you offer....detailing! :xyxthumbs: If i was someone who didnt really know what detailing was I might think the other 4 things in your drop down menu were all that you offered and if they dont actually click the 'services' button...they would never see your list of paint correction packages.

The second thing I'd consider, which as soon as i get mine put together right is what i plan to do, is have a link for main things like 'compound', 'polish', 'wax', 'sealant', and 'clay bar'.

I know for me, when i first started out, i didnt even know about a clay bar...I had no idea the difference between a compound, polish and wax...and didnt know about a sealant either. I THINK you covered all the info on the different between them all in you FAQ (did a very nice job in there i think :) )....but suggest maybe adding links that will take the person directly to that part of your FAQ.

I'm not sure if you offer claying in all Silver or Gold packages (it doesnt say, maybe consider putting that in the list if you do clay?)...but if you do...and the customer comes across that you 'clay bar'...make that the link to your FAQ....so they know what your talkin about:dblthumb2:

Those are just the 2 main things i'd suggest...the rest looks pretty good to me...except maybe you could make the pictures in your 'blog' area full size...the customers could see before/after shots side by side....I know for me thats how i like to see car pics hehe.

Hope this helps ya some...and hope i get mine put together soon..i HATE designing stuff like that, its so time consuming!

Thanks for the feed back. I am adding the detailing to the drop down menu as we speek. As for the pictures in the blog post when you click on the pictures they become full size.

Mike Phillips
06-29-2010, 07:14 AM
How much have you had to invest to date to get to where you are with your website?

:)

sullysdetailing
06-29-2010, 10:49 AM
How much have you had to invest to date to get to where you are with your website?

:)

From start to finish (still not done, alot to add to Port. and Blog) about 3 months in counting.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
06-29-2010, 01:32 PM
From start to finish (still not done, alot to add to Port. and Blog) about 3 months in counting.

*In the voice of the guy from the Staples commercial* WOW! Thats a lot of designing!

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
06-29-2010, 03:44 PM
BTW who are you using to host your site?

sullysdetailing
06-29-2010, 07:55 PM
Go Daddy is the host and Word Press is what I am using to edit the post and words. A friend of mine coded the website for me

Flash Gordon
06-29-2010, 10:06 PM
Your site is one of the best I've ever seen. Now, if you can just bring your quality of work up to that level you will be golden Im the MAN