PDA

View Full Version : Who's gotta sprayer that Wheel Brightener won't destroy

Pages : [1] 2

Da Fats
06-28-2010, 04:31 PM
Seriously 3 different sprayers (just stuff i had around here) are now gone with 3 applications of Meg's WB.

Anyone know a specific brand of sprayer that Meg's WB wont eat through after 1 -2 uses?

Chris

MikeyC
06-28-2010, 04:54 PM
I've had my WB in one of these bottles for the last couple of years:

SprayMaster Heavy Duty Spray Bottle, Heavy duty sprayer, Spray master, Spray master Sprayer (http://www.autogeek.net/spray-master.html)

It's been in the same bottle the whole time with no problem. I got them at Home Depot but AG also sells them.

JohnnyC
06-28-2010, 05:00 PM
It has to be chemical resistant sprayer.Check Home Depot just like MickeyC said $5.00 each

VISITOR
06-28-2010, 05:56 PM
next time, clear the spray head out with plain water and then take the long tubing off and put only the top back on. when in need to use it again, re-attach the long tubing...

Old Tiger
06-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Spraymaster has a chemical resistant sprayer that has a lifetime warranty. You can get with their bottles or the AG PVC bottles.

C30-Mike
06-28-2010, 11:47 PM
Get a sprayer that uses Viton sprayer head. Lowes sells this style sprayer.
This is the only type I know that can handle repeated contact with harsh chemicals. I destroyed the SprayMaster bottle using PoorBoys wheel cleaner after 10 uses.

crash93ssei
06-29-2010, 01:28 AM
Another fan of the SprayMaster bottle here. I have had Megs Wheel Brightener in mine for about two years now without issue.

Mike Phillips
06-29-2010, 07:05 AM
For the money, availability and ease of obtaining, the Spraymaster Trigger Sprayer (http://www.autogeek.net/spraymaster-trigger.html) is a good deal.

If you really want to make sure it last a long time then remove the spray head from the bottle and pump through some clean water after use. You could then replace it onto the WB spray bottle, just don't pump it till you're ready to actually clean some wheels.

:)

Dwayne
06-29-2010, 07:26 AM
If you really want to make sure it last a long time then remove the spray head from the bottle and pump through some clean water after use. You could then replace it onto the WB spray bottle, just don't pump it till you're ready to actually clean some wheels.

:)

:iagree:

I was going to say that but you beat me to it.

evilwrx
06-29-2010, 08:10 AM
I use the Spraymaster with WB and it ate through that one also. 4-1 dilution ratio. Now after I am done using it I rinse out the sprayer throughly with fresh water.

ShannonD
07-23-2010, 02:04 PM
Got some PoorBoys wheel cleaner, great stuff, but the sprayer bit the dust after the first application. A bit surprised the sprayer from the mfg didn't hold up to its own product.

Also got some ARO, equally impressive product. Should I take precautions to protect the sprayer by removing and flushing or will it hold up to its own product?
Thanks

evilwrx
07-23-2010, 03:31 PM
I haven't had any issues with ARO and sprayers.

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
07-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Got some PoorBoys wheel cleaner, great stuff, but the sprayer bit the dust after the first application. A bit surprised the sprayer from the mfg didn't hold up to its own product.

Also got some ARO, equally impressive product. Should I take precautions to protect the sprayer by removing and flushing or will it hold up to its own product?
Thanks

That's simply the best sprayer we can purchase (S+R is some strong stuff) its only chemical resistant not chemical proof. You should take out and spray water from your wash bucket through it a couple times before you put back on bottle than it will last forever.

ShannonD
07-23-2010, 05:43 PM
That's simply the best sprayer we can purchase (S+R is some strong stuff) its only chemical resistant not chemical proof. You should take out and spray water from your wash bucket through it a couple times before you put back on bottle than it will last forever.

Easily done. Thanks for the reply, it is really nice to have mfg support here in the forums. Once again I will say that I am thouroughly impressed with the product.:xyxthumbs:

Chris Thomas
07-23-2010, 06:30 PM
I use WB in a half gallon pressure sprayer and in a quart with the foaming trigger on AG. Neither have failed yet.