PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang TSR on new-ish paint

GG4411
06-27-2010, 11:38 PM
Hi Mike,
I currently have PB SSR1 and SSR 2.5, but I don't think the paint on my relatively new black mustang needs such strong abrasives. The paint doesn't have a ton of swirls, instead it has light scratches from washing and drying. I wanted to know if you think TSR would be the best option, as I don't want to se something too harsh that would leave my paint in a worse condition than it is now. Thank you!

cobalt9123
06-27-2010, 11:48 PM
Just to comment; I, too, have a year old car with only minor scratches from washing and drying. I used M205 on a Tangerine Hydrotech Pad followed by P085RD on a gray flat pad, and my paint came out awesome, without removing very much at all.
You could skip the P085RD if you'd like, and M205 finishes very well.

Da Fats
06-28-2010, 02:18 AM
depending on paint softness or color you may notice an improvement from 85rd... but i think this is more noticed on rotary polishers

Mike Phillips
06-28-2010, 09:19 AM
Hi Mike,
I currently have PB SSR1 and SSR 2.5, but I don't think the paint on my relatively new black mustang needs such strong abrasives. The paint doesn't have a ton of swirls, instead it has light scratches from washing and drying. I wanted to know if you think TSR would be the best option, as I don't want to se something too harsh that would leave my paint in a worse condition than it is now. Thank you!

The Wolfgang Twins are very good. As of this post I have not come a single "Paint System" that they did not work flawlessly on every time..

At this last weekends open garage class, we worked on a black Cobra

Pictures from June 26th Open Garage at Autogeek's Show Car Garage! (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/pictures-open-garage-classes/26655-pictures-june-26th-open-garage-autogeek-s-show-car-garage.html)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/883/1opengar068.jpg

The horizontal panels had some very severe etchings from some type of chemical contamination, these were not water spots, they were smaller, irregular shaped etchings "in" the clear coat, not "on" the surface.

Besides the etchings in the clear coat there were a lot of Random, Isolated, Deeper Scratches running every different direction in the paint.

The Wolfgang TSR and the Wolfgang FG with completely took care of the scratches using only a DA Polisher and left a clear, haze free finish.

Using the Rotary Buffer with the TSR removed about 95% of the etchings to the point the paint was acceptable. What was left was the deepest portions of the etchings and removing 100% of them would mean removing more and more clear off the car. We stopped when the owner was happy.

Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover and Finishing Glaze are top shelf products that won't let you down.

:)

Da Fats
06-28-2010, 04:24 PM
Mike,

Wouldn't the wolfgang combo be very very similar in results to the combo he already has with SSR2.5 and SSR1.

Chris

ASPHALT ROCKET
06-28-2010, 07:14 PM
To the op, the newer Mustangs have harder clear so you might need something with a little umph. If you post pics I can help you better on what will be needed to help you out. I have done a ton of the later model Mustangs.

To Mike, that is not a Cobra, the Cobra ended in 04. That would be a Shelby Mustang or a GT 500. From looking at the pics it looks like just a plain Shelby Mustang.Plus those pics really do not do any good since they are inside, has no ipa wipedown. Sun shots will show the true condition of the paint and not photos in a garage from 20 feet away.

Grizzly
06-28-2010, 07:57 PM
To the op, the newer Mustangs have harder clear so you might need something with a little umph. If you post pics I can help you better on what will be needed to help you out. I have done a ton of the later model Mustangs.

To Mike, that is not a Cobra, the Cobra ended in 04. That would be a Shelby Mustang or a GT 500. From looking at the pics it looks like just a plain Shelby Mustang.Plus those pics really do not do any good since they are inside, has no ipa wipedown. Sun shots will show the true condition of the paint and not photos in a garage from 20 feet away.

Why is there a Cobra decal on the fender then?

ASPHALT ROCKET
06-28-2010, 08:03 PM
Look at Shelby of America. That is part of his logo. So he puts that on his cars.

Flash Gordon
06-29-2010, 09:04 PM
Just to comment; I, too, have a year old car with only minor scratches from washing and drying. I used M205 on a Tangerine Hydrotech Pad followed by P085RD on a gray flat pad, and my paint came out awesome, without removing very much at all.
You could skip the P085RD if you'd like, and M205 finishes very well.

:iagree: