PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove this?

bigmackmiller
06-27-2010, 10:12 PM
Dupli-Color HT100 - Dupli-Color Hot Tires Tire Paint Pens - Overview - SummitRacing.com (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SHW-HT100/?rtype=10)

I applied these on the tires of my truck just to see what it would look like with solid white letters...long story short nothing I have tried has taken the remaining paint off and they have been on there for a little over a year now where some spots have gone back to normal while others are still painted and it looks bad...I have tried white wall cleaner and various soaps, but have not tried paint thinner or anything that harsh because I didn't want to damage the tires...I was wondering if you could suggest something I could use to remove the remaining spots?

Thanks

JonMiles
06-27-2010, 10:18 PM
you might have some luck with softscrub and a hard bristled brush. Otherwise I would use a very concentrated degreaser, like power purple at full strength.

bigmackmiller
06-27-2010, 10:23 PM
ok thanks I will give those a try...I'll try to grab some pics so you can get an idea what they look like

Mike Phillips
06-28-2010, 07:57 AM
Pictures?

As a last resort... acetone dabbed on with a cotton towel for scrubbing action, be sure to where chemical resistant gloves anytime you handle acetone.

:)