PDA

View Full Version : Strange Looks

Pages : [1] 2

Jenn1270
06-27-2010, 01:45 PM
I was at the grocery today and the sun was nice and bright. I took the opportunity to admire my paint and look for any more swirls that needed attention.

Do you too get strange looks when you do this?

snowking724
06-27-2010, 01:47 PM
sure do.especially from my gf.

Shane731
06-27-2010, 02:12 PM
Probably. I don't really pay attention. Like I'm going to pay somebody else any mind while I'm lovin' on my baby! :p

Rsurfer
06-27-2010, 03:34 PM
I was at the grocery today and the sun was nice and bright. I took the opportunity to admire my paint and look for any more swirls that needed attention.

Do you too get strange looks when you do this?Yes, and when I use a leaf blower to dry my car.

Jenn1270
06-27-2010, 03:46 PM
Yes, and when I use a leaf blower to dry my car.

My neighbors always give me strange looks when I am ONRing in the garage too. It is kinda funny to watch them watch me

C30-Mike
06-27-2010, 07:12 PM
I get the odd look when I tell people at the dealership all the free car wash that just came out all have massive swirls.

Friends tell me I am a nut to keep all my wax and glazes in the frig.

Apokiliptik1
06-27-2010, 08:02 PM
all the time especially when the other person has no clue what your doing lol

Dubbin1
06-27-2010, 08:10 PM
I get strange looks even when I'm not doing something silly Im the MAN

Jenn1270
06-27-2010, 08:17 PM
I get strange looks even when I'm not doing something silly Im the MAN

But checking out your car isn't silly

Dubbin1
06-27-2010, 08:30 PM
But checking out your car isn't silly

We Geeks don't think its silly but many others do :)

Fly bye
06-27-2010, 08:49 PM
I've never gotten strange looks while eying my masterpiece.

Why would anyone think going over a perfect finish with a mf is funny :confused:

CEE DOG
06-27-2010, 09:15 PM
I showed up to the Saturn... uh umm! excuse me the buick dealership to get my oil change last week. I had 4 signs I had made of legal size paper that said do not wash. When I got their I parked at the service entrance, got out of my Sky and placed a sign on the glass of each side of the car. I taped each sign on while a couple customers looked on. Also inside the service dept. I could see the GM employees watching me. Anyway as soon as I walked through the door I didn't get a hello or welcome. Instead I got a rude look and a "we don't wash the cars here unless it's specifically requested".
I said, "Well, thats ok I'll leave them their just in case. One of the three staring at me replied "Well, those signs are obstructing the view so we will have to remove them before driving your car". So I said ok. Well rather then have them dragging their little grubbers across my glass I went back out and removed the signs. I was thinking it might have been nice if one of the 3 employees that had just been standing there watching me put them up had come out and kindly welcomed me and stopped me from wasting my time. Anyway after checking in the Assistant Service manager came out to get my VIN or something. He leans over the car and puts a big greasy hand print right on my hood. :mad::mad::mad: These guys drive me insane. There was no reason for him to lean on my paint excpet that he was too lazy not too. That was when I returned the strange look :)

Dubbin1
06-27-2010, 09:20 PM
That was when I returned the strange look

I would have returned a fist to the face.

Donnym
06-27-2010, 10:05 PM
at first I got the strange looks from my neighbors but now they are beginning to ask what is it I'm doing to get the cars to looks so good all the time and what I think their cars need.

rakkvet
06-27-2010, 10:34 PM
I'd find a new place to have work done on my car. It's called customer service and some places still offer it. You just have to find them. I don't care if your car cost $500 or $500,000. You are still paying them.