PDA

View Full Version : What's best for glass?

Pages : [1] 2 3

ltoman
11-07-2006, 12:02 PM
I despise smeared windows. You guys recommend something, or just vinegar and water, which I have never actually tried. Thoughts, ladies and gentlemen? You have all been so helpful!Feed back please Feed back please - Lauren

Whitethunder46
11-07-2006, 12:05 PM
A popular cheap choice seems to be Stoner's Invisible Glass. I use Meguiar's NXT glass cleaner right now. Both of which can be picked up at a local auto store or wal-mart. The biggest key if I'm not mistaken is to use a microfiber cloth for drying/wiping. this will prevent streaks. I actually use 2 microfiber's, 1 for spraying and wiping and the other for drying and wiping it dry.

ltoman
11-07-2006, 12:20 PM
Cool. That is a question I wanted an answer to. I will try this out tonight. All of a sudden, my windows got smeared . . .:o

Russecu
11-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Invisible Glass and microfibers like mentioned before work great.

scottinflorida
11-07-2006, 01:04 PM
I use a combination of products.

I use DP Krystal Vison Glass Cleaner with a microfiber first. I might wash the windows a couple of time too just to make sure it's super clean.

Then I rub on a coat of Klasse All-In-One and then remove it with a microfiber. The Klasse does a nice job of sheeting rain and lasts a long time.

Lastly, I noticed when I first started cleaning my windows with quality products that it took a few washes before I got all the gunk of other low quality products off the glass. Now that I have the glass in good shape they clean up very well with the two products I mentioned.

ryandamartini
11-07-2006, 03:21 PM
if you really want clear windows, I would get a Mf toel put some rubbing alcahol on the towel and wipe the window with a lil pressure in up and down motions, and then seal them with rainx :)

JeffW
11-07-2006, 04:33 PM
Invisable Glass (spray), IME, does about the best. Traditionally I'd then do 2x AIO for nice-n-clean and slickery. However, this AM I cleaned with Inv Glass and used some Quik Shine and I really liked the results. It's rained all day and I was on the road about 2 hours and the water beaded off really nicely.

Whitethunder46
11-07-2006, 06:37 PM
Don't mean to hi-jack, but why doesn't anyone seem to like Rain-x?

ScottB
11-07-2006, 06:47 PM
Don't mean to hi-jack, but why doesn't anyone seem to like Rain-x?

Rain-X smears .... a clean window will bead properly anyways. No surface tension.

As for glass cleaners, a glass waffle weave towel is a must, then look to Sprayway, Stoners, or DP Krystal Vision.

wicked1
11-07-2006, 06:49 PM
I've always used Sprayway glass cleaner with great results. My wife loves the stuff around the house, too, FWIW.

robzie
11-07-2006, 07:09 PM
on a related note, how come AG doesn't sell the "window wand" for the inside of windshields?

Whitethunder46
11-07-2006, 07:17 PM
What's the best way to apply AIO? This is Klasse All in One, correct? If so, that's basically somewhat like a wax? So you would use an applicator pad to basically wax it on the windshield and then just buff off with a MF cloth?

MikeyC
11-07-2006, 09:02 PM
on a related note, how come AG doesn't sell the "window wand" for the inside of windshields?

I've never heard of the "window wand" but is this what you're talking about?

http://www.autogeek.net/glass-surface-cleaner.html

Rain-X smears .... a clean window will bead properly anyways. No surface tension.

As for glass cleaners, a glass waffle weave towel is a must, then look to Sprayway, Stoners, or DP Krystal Vision.

While I agree with you 100% that a clean window should bead water, I find Rain-X makes the water fly off my windows. It also seems to make ice easier to remove (but you wouldn't know about that :D ). Rain-X should not smear or cause issues with hazing if it is applied properly. Like any car care product proper application is critical to achieve maximum results. ;)

ltoman
11-07-2006, 10:24 PM
Rain-X worked for my family, but then look at the novice you are talking to.

Whitethunder46
11-07-2006, 11:38 PM
I've never personally had a problem with rain-x. I use it the same way I clean windows, spray it on with one MF towel (usually the same one that I wipe the glass cleaner with) and then buff/dry with the other MF towel (same one I dry the glass cleaner with)

I don't know how long it lasts really, I just reapply it everytime I wipe my windows, and it works for awhile.