PDA

View Full Version : can i tell you my worst detailing experience

bud659
06-27-2010, 06:54 AM
with new orange and yellow LC Pads, my Flex DA and M105 and M205 on a warm morning day took me 4 hours to apply the M105. the M105 dried on my in many places and left lots of dust and pin-sized dried spots :mad:. i thought the pin-sized spots were chips my paint. Then I had to use my MF towel with heavy pressure to get them off only to leave a little marring in the paint from the wiping. I couldnt win plus it took a long time.

The M205 went on fine and was easy to work with. Its evil twin M105 didn play well. What can I do?

cobalt9123
06-27-2010, 08:29 AM
I found M105 and M205 to dry very quickly and be very hard to buff off...I'm curious as to people's suggestions as well.

ScottB
06-27-2010, 09:02 AM
was it quite humid or in direct sunlight ???

Perhaps a quick rewash between polishing steps would have removed the polish easier ??

cobalt9123
06-27-2010, 08:08 PM
was it quite humid or in direct sunlight ???

Perhaps a quick rewash between polishing steps would have removed the polish easier ??

It was humid when I was using it..and quite hot as well. Is washing the car with the polish dried on it OK? Will it hurt the car to let the polish dry on it and then wash it off? I would think not..but just wanted your opinion.

Dubbin1
06-27-2010, 08:12 PM
It was humid when I was using it..and quite hot as well. Is washing the car with the polish dried on it OK? Will it hurt the car to let the polish dry on it and then wash it off? I would think not..but just wanted your opinion.

It's not going to hurt it but just try not to let it happen in the first place.

cobalt9123
06-27-2010, 08:15 PM
It's not going to hurt it but just try not to let it happen in the first place.

Maybe it's just hot and humid Georgia and the fact that it was the middle of summer..but I literally would put the polisher down, grab a microfiber, and start to buff the polish off and it would already be dry...

ASPHALT ROCKET
06-27-2010, 08:15 PM
I do not understand why people have such a problem removing a little polish splatter. Just use the polish, it will remove itself. There is no need to go and wash the whole for such a simple little thing.

Dubbin1
06-27-2010, 08:41 PM
I do not understand why people have such a problem removing a little polish splatter. Just use the polish, it will remove itself. There is no need to go and wash the whole for such a simple little thing.

Because if the car is covered with these spots it would be easier to wash it ;)

ASPHALT ROCKET
06-27-2010, 08:46 PM
Because if the car is covered with these spots it would be easier to wash it ;)

Actually it wouldn't, it would be a lot quicker to just wipe it down then having to wash it then dry and it completely.:D

Dubbin1
06-27-2010, 09:16 PM
Actually it wouldn't, it would be a lot quicker to just wipe it down then having to wash it then dry and it completely.:D

Keep it up and I'll wipe you down http://smilearchive.com/s/ups/razor_wind/utututongue5.gif

Fly bye
06-27-2010, 09:20 PM
the M105 dried on my in many places and left lots of dust and pin-sized dried spots :mad:. Then I had to use my MF towel with heavy pressure to get them off only to leave a little marring in the paint from the wiping.

Try polishing very small areas at a time. Sounds like it is too hot where you are. This product would probably work better if the ambient temp was cooler. I would maybe try misting the working area with either distilled water, instant detailer, or a mixture of distilled water & instant detailer. This will allow you to work your area longer. Make sure to work smaller areas at a given time, so that you will have a little bit more time to remove the product before it dries onto the finish, making it difficult to remove.

If it does dry, spray the finish with some instant detailer or distilled water, as the liquid should re-liquify the compound, allowing you to remove with a mf. You may have to repeat this step. Liquid will moisten and loosen the compound allowing you to remove it without you having to apply 20-30 lbs of pressure with your mf.

Using a spray bottle is probably easier than getting the whole car wet while it is sitting in the hot sun.

ASPHALT ROCKET
06-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Keep it up and I'll wipe you down http://smilearchive.com/s/ups/razor_wind/utututongue5.gif

Good luck with that. Im the MAN

cobalt9123
06-27-2010, 10:22 PM
Use the polish on a pad to get rid of the polish? Or use it on a microfiber or something?

SouthernStyles
06-27-2010, 10:38 PM
Buy a small 4oz spray bottle at Walmart in the hygiene section and fill it with distilled water and mist the panel as you buff to keep the compound/polish wet.