PDA

View Full Version : Brand New LCHT Pad Failure?

jayhkr
06-26-2010, 07:38 PM
Ok, so I was using my 2nd Cyan HydroTech Pad Wednesday and went to take it off to put a fresh one on and this is what happened:

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l129/jayhkr/Detailing/032.jpg
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l129/jayhkr/Detailing/033.jpg

Now I don't have nails, and I didn't rip it off with force, this was just from me trying to get the backing off the plate. Kind of made me a little upset as I'm a rather careful individual when it comes to my stuff. Has anyone else experience this before or was this just maybe a fluke thing? The pad wasn't hot, nor did I over use the backing of it so I'm not sure what happened. However I can tell you after that I was even more careful with the removal of these pads. Just thought I would share.

loudog2
06-26-2010, 07:49 PM
This has happened to a lot of people. Do a search, you'll find the threads. Was it still damp from a prior use?

jayhkr
06-26-2010, 07:51 PM
No, this was actually brand new. Just came out of the package. I'll do a search. Thank you.

5.4 Shelby
06-26-2010, 09:28 PM
LC pads have failed several times. I have had trouble with the CCS pads as have many others. AG will take care of them, but, it is discouraging that we have to hassle with it in the first place.

cobalt9123
06-26-2010, 09:48 PM
I always grab close to the velcro backing...seems like common sense to me. The bond is very strong with the backing plate and pad and if you rip it off from the lip of the Hydrotech pad I'm sure it will rip. I think people have the most problems with the HT pads because they have that little lip you can grab them by..flat pads don't.

jpegs13
06-27-2010, 04:49 AM
I always grab close to the velcro backing...seems like common sense to me. The bond is very strong with the backing plate and pad and if you rip it off from the lip of the Hydrotech pad I'm sure it will rip. I think people have the most problems with the HT pads because they have that little lip you can grab them by..flat pads don't.

:iagree:

rohnramirez
06-27-2010, 09:36 PM
Were you using a DA? I think this pad doesn't like DAs, probably because of two reasons: 1-behavior, and 2-Pressure. I used it on my Makita also got really hot but still have had no problems so far. I used the same pad to do my refrigerator (it was raining outside and i couldn't resist the urge to try it) and my hood yesterday.

jayhkr
06-27-2010, 11:56 PM
Yeah the Girot's polisher. I may have to change style pads and go with normal LC pads. Or I may go with Girot's pads as I think I can get them here locally.

5.4 Shelby
06-28-2010, 11:01 AM
Yeah the Girot's polisher. I may have to change style pads and go with normal LC pads. Or I may go with Girot's pads as I think I can get them here locally.
The griots pads are sturdy. The only problem is you dont get varying levels of cut with them. They have a polishing pad (orange) and a wax applying pad (red). That's it. I would like to see them offer more choices.