PDA

View Full Version : show car look combo

nabisco shine
06-26-2010, 05:16 AM
ok guys im doing a black car and of course ill be claying and all, but i just wanted everyone info, how does m105 then m205,then use show car glaze and the lasp would be sentitic sealant 2.0 with a hi tech yellow wax. will this make the black car a show car look?

cobalt9123
06-26-2010, 10:12 AM
The key to it will be your polishing steps. Those waxes will do fine, I have seen great results with Blackfire Wet Diamond on Black...and any color.

rwright
06-26-2010, 11:26 AM
Replace the Meg's Show Car glaze step with Menzerna PO85RD if using a d/a polisher. M105/M205/PO85RD on black is breathtaking. Make sure you wipe down after each polishing step with a paint cleaner or something simple like isopropyl alcohol (91% at Walmart is less than $2 for a large bottle). For around the same price as Meg's 2.0, DP Poli-Coat is a great buy and will last longer than Meg's in my opinion. Just a couple dollars more gets you a bottle of Menzerna Power Lock. Don't forget high quality microfiber towels! Black paint will let you know the difference between low quality and high quality towels.

Lasthope05
06-26-2010, 11:40 AM
Replace the Meg's Show Car glaze step with Menzerna PO85RD if using a d/a polisher. M105/M205/PO85RD on black is breathtaking. Make sure you wipe down after each polishing step with a paint cleaner or something simple like isopropyl alcohol (91% at Walmart is less than $2 for a large bottle). For around the same price as Meg's 2.0, DP Poli-Coat is a great buy and will last longer than Meg's in my opinion. Just a couple dollars more gets you a bottle of Menzerna Power Lock. Don't forget high quality microfiber towels! Black paint will let you know the difference between low quality and high quality towels.

:iagree:

Your show car results will come from the compounding/polishing you will be doing. Using a finishing polish like 3m ultrafina, Optimum finish polish, or 85rd will dramatically increase the looks/gloss on a black car.