PDA

View Full Version : ONR okay to use for every wash?

Mk23
06-26-2010, 12:28 AM
I have been a customer at Autogeek.net now for over a year and have been recently thinking of switching from a full on wash with hose (outside) to a waterless wash with no hose. (inside) But I was thinking, doesn't the waterless wash with ONR have a higher risk of scratching the paint than a regular wash? Is it okay to use ONR for every wash for the next 6 years or so? Also, how do you get in the crevices and door jams when using a waterless wash?

Shane731
06-26-2010, 12:42 AM
Check out these threads:

Car Washing
How dirty is too dirty to safely use a rinseless wash? (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23602-how-dirty-too-dirty-safely-use-rinseless-wash.html)
The difference between a Normal Car Wash, a Waterless Car Wash, a Rinseless Car Wash and a Spray Detailer (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23645-difference-between-normal-car-wash-waterless-car-wash-rinseless-car-wash-spray-detailer.html)

ScottB
06-26-2010, 08:28 AM
I know many detailers out in Cali that use it because of the issue with water reclaimation.

AeroCleanse
06-26-2010, 09:24 AM
I use it for all washes

EliteImageDetailing
06-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Unless it is extremely dirty, I use it on every wash. if it is a little heavy I have a bottle filled up with an ONR solution and spray the area/s down as needed to pre treat it I guess, and that seams to work very well.

Mk23
06-26-2010, 03:46 PM
Awesome, thanks for the replies. I usually never have any heavy dirt on the car and I guess ONR would be a good solution to the 100 degree Florida heat. (AC Garage)

Will be switching from Zaino to mostly Optimum setup and I figured a good way to start that would be with ONR.

Thanks a bunch guys.

02blackout
06-26-2010, 04:36 PM
I just got back from my 3 day orientation for college. I looked around the town for a covered drive in/do it yourself wash bay place so I could ONR my car like once a week or so. If my car is real dirty from like rain or soemthing then I'll see if there is a water spot to hook up a hose to and use the foam gun first.