PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from the Ohio/Ky/Tn/Pennsylvania area!?

Ohio Detailing
06-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Hi,

I live in Ohio - and was wondering if any detailers or shops are located within a day's drive from here to perhaps attend a class, or get some instructions/tips?

Thanks! :)

Wendell Jarvis
06-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Hi,

I live in Ohio - and was wondering if any detailers or shops are located within a day's drive from here to perhaps attend a class, or get some instructions/tips?

Thanks! :)

I am from Richmond (Madison County) Kentucky. I dont hold or conduct any training classes though. If you wanting to learn or get better educated on detailing, Autogeek has a University Forum, tons of videos and literature on how to detail.

Ohio Detailing
06-25-2010, 12:36 PM
I am from Richmond (Madison County) Kentucky. I dont hold or conduct any training classes though. If you wanting to learn or get better educated on detailing, Autogeek has a University Forum, tons of videos and literature on how to detail.

Thanks - I just have never been able to learn anything as well as I do hands on. Maybe I'll have to schedule a vacation during the PBMA classes and annual event in the Spring next year ;)

PAR Detailing
06-25-2010, 12:40 PM
I live in louisville KY and if you are interrested I wouldnt mind helping you out. PM me if you are interrested, maybe we can work something out

rwright
06-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Thanks - I just have never been able to learn anything as well as I do hands on. Maybe I'll have to schedule a vacation during the PBMA classes and annual event in the Spring next year ;)

Go to Detail Fest. You will get hands on time with many polishers, if you're lucky. It's quite a show packed with mini classes, 1 on 1 time with vendors, interaction with a lot of skilled and talented detailers, and so much more! I drove 900+ miles this year and it was well worth it. I may fly down next year though. :xyxthumbs:

Ohio Detailing
06-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Go to Detail Fest. You will get hands on time with many polishers, if you're lucky. It's quite a show packed with mini classes, 1 on 1 time with vendors, interaction with a lot of skilled and talented detailers, and so much more! I drove 900+ miles this year and it was well worth it. I may fly down next year though. :xyxthumbs:

Is it always in April each year? I would love to fly down there for 2011!

Does anyone know how far Detail Fest is from Venice Florida? Thanks :) I would be in heaven at this gathering!

Dubbin1
06-25-2010, 10:49 PM
I'm in Findlay up in NW Ohio, where you at?

Shane731
06-25-2010, 11:24 PM
I'm in Powell, TN. Not a professional though, just a hobbyist with waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many products. :D 'Twould be nice if we could have some sort of meet and greet in this part of the country. :idea:

Shane731
06-25-2010, 11:26 PM
Hurry up and make another post quick, Dubbin! You're at post #666! :bolt: http://serve.mysmiley.net/evilgrin/evilgrin0012.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net/free-ashamed-smileys.php)

Showroom Shine
06-26-2010, 06:20 AM
I also live in Ohio.Most of the Detailing Seminars are too far for me to attend. Like Detail Fest Mobile Expo in Clear Water Florida. I would suggest looking into Detail King's Seminars. They are in PA. They offer an affordable Training sessions. Look them up ,ask for Nick Vacco. Tell them Richard sent you!
It is well worth the money!

Ohio Detailing
06-27-2010, 06:26 AM
I also live in Ohio.Most of the Detailing Seminars are too far for me to attend. Like Detail Fest Mobile Expo in Clear Water Florida. I would suggest looking into Detail King's Seminars. They are in PA. They offer an affordable Training sessions. Look them up ,ask for Nick Vacco. Tell them Richard sent you!
It is well worth the money!

Thanks for the tip! I have known of Detail King for quite some time, ran across their website years ago when first getting interested and passionate about detailing and making a few dollars on the side doing very basic paint and interior cleaning jobs. I remember they offer courses in detailing now that you mention it, I think it would be a fun trip out there, and depending on what part of PA might only be three hours away.

I'm in Findlay up in NW Ohio, where you at?

I am just south of Cleveland :)

Ecrissman
09-15-2012, 04:25 AM
Detail King is right down the road from me near Monroeville. I have not attended any of their classes but have been to there store and training facility. I can tell you this it was packed with "students". I grabbed one of their catalogs when I was there buying my Flex and it is all about the individual starting and or running a business. Crazy packages, from general detailers, to very niche detailing. If you decide to to make the journey PM me.

iBizzy
09-15-2012, 10:53 AM
Hello I'm Jay from Cincinnati,OH. A meet & greet would be nice in are area.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

sproketser
09-15-2012, 07:50 PM
Welcome aboard .