PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Noob....

SBrown712
06-24-2010, 10:57 PM
Hi my name is Steve and I have become a bit of a detailing junkie. I've been buying all the stuff I will be needing and have gone over budget already. This is almost as bad as buying mods for the car. I've bought a lot of Adam's Polishes products and am very happy with the things I tried so far. I just got a foam gun that I used for the first time today. It sure did make washing the car easy. I'm waiting on a day when I'm off and it's overcast so I can do a polish and wax on the car. Got all the stuff I need to do it and I just need the right conditions since I don't have a garage to work in.
Maybe someone can answer a question for me about microfiber towels, I see the Cobra in the BOGO section and the price is very attractive. Since I will be using a PC for the polish and wax would these towels be OK for cleaning up after the waxing? I'm sure I could come with other uses but 12 towels, geez? Then to have to buy a specialty towel just for removing wax would be hard to justify.
My car is an '07 BMW 530i in silver gray with sport and premium packages. I've put on an axle-back exhaust and 20" wheels so far. Here's my baby....

fancyfootwork
06-24-2010, 11:00 PM
Yeah those Cobras will be just fine for removing wax and polishes. :). Either way, can never go wrong with more and more and more microfibers! Nice car btw, i'll eventually have a BMW.

Keep in mind to have your microfibers sorted. (ones for wax, drying, interior, wheels/rims)

CEE DOG
06-24-2010, 11:06 PM
Welcome Steve!
I'm assuming you are speaking of the towels that are 19.99$ for 12. I just bought those towels on Bogo as I already have plenty of high quality towels. I would not recommend using these as your best towels. These will be great for wheels, underside of hood, rear lid jambs, interior cleaning, etc. For towels you actually use on your paint job you should get higher quality towels.

SBrown712
06-24-2010, 11:23 PM
Cee Dog, thanks, I was afraid of that,lol.

Shane731
06-25-2010, 12:27 AM
:welcome: to Auto Geek!

Mike Phillips
07-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Hi Steve,

Welcome to Autogeek Online! :welcome:

How-To Videos (http://tinyurl.com/yhqfo26)
How-To Articles (http://tinyurl.com/y9gcarg)

:)