PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's #16 easy application.

supercharged
11-07-2006, 12:27 AM
As you guys probably know - #16 is a paint in a butt to remove once it dried. I was winterising my car (AIO, SGx2, #16x2), and first aplication of #16 was very difficult to remove. Well, I did let it dry. This time I decided to go WOWO application. Did one panel at a time. It came off pretty easy. Now I know I have durable winter protecion, and I can always rejuvenate with Max Wax or something.

Thanks for reading, just thought I could share.

Pictures are coming up.

wytstang
11-07-2006, 01:02 AM
Normally I do 2 fenders then go back and remove, same with the door and rear quarter panel this gives it just enough to haze a little and makes it easy to remove. I've never had a problem doing it this way....

ScottB
11-07-2006, 07:17 PM
once dried , try a little qd'er spray. Removes it rather easily.

supercharged
11-07-2006, 07:23 PM
I know. I had to use Crystal Mist last time to remove.

ryandamartini
11-07-2006, 07:49 PM
As you guys probably know - #16 is a paint in a butt to remove once it dried. I was winterising my car (AIO, SGx2, #16x2), and first aplication of #16 was very difficult to remove. Well, I did let it dry. This time I decided to go WOWO application. Did one panel at a time. It came off pretty easy. Now I know I have durable winter protecion, and I can always rejuvenate with Max Wax or something.

Thanks for reading, just thought I could share.

Pictures are coming up.

Damn DIY body armor for cars!

supercharged
11-07-2006, 08:18 PM
winter protection:D