PDA

View Full Version : Pretty wild

astrogus
06-23-2010, 10:06 PM
Dont know why i never heard of these but there pretty wild and made me do a double take lol. I dont understand the concept of 2 engines why not just one bad azz engine. Idk guess 2 is better than 1.

VEHICLE TYPE: front-and-rear-engine, 4-wheel-drive, 5-passenger, 2-door sedan
ENGINE TYPE: twin DOHC 32-valve V-8s, aluminum blocks and heads, 2 GM engine-control systems with port fuel injection

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu307/astrogus/2000_Mosler_TwinstarEldorado1.jpg

kaboom10
06-24-2010, 09:46 AM
My my they have found a way to keep up to a Ford now. The auto companies could use some one that can do that.

sgtmillhouse648
06-24-2010, 09:56 AM
Reminds me a lot of the Jeep Hurricane concept from back in the day. Is it just me or is the toe on that back wheel really fubar?

crash93ssei
06-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Complete custom job, not from the factory. I have seen it done to a couple cars now, but this is the first one using Northstar V8s and a Cadillac! The back tire looks so fubar because of the transmission and axle shafts are longer then the stock setup out back causing them to stick out a bit. Who knows, they guy might have even hooked them up to a steering rack and has four wheel steering as well.

One crazy engine would definitely get the job done, but how often do you see somebody with an engine under the hood AND under the trunk!

A ton of custom fabrication is needed to do a job like this, not to mention you need to make sure both engines and transmissions are in perfect tune with each other.

clm65
06-24-2010, 10:42 AM
Looks like the auto version of a twin engine boat. It's good to know you can get back home when one engine quits!

Dubbin1
06-24-2010, 10:54 AM
Is it just me or is the toe on that back wheel really fubar?

LOL I noticed that too but I think its just the angle that the pictures was taken.

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
06-24-2010, 01:39 PM
Looks like the auto version of a twin engine boat. It's good to know you can get back home when one engine quits!

That is exactly what I was thinking lol

CEE DOG
06-24-2010, 01:53 PM
I think they were just transporting this engine somewhere else and they decided to throw it in the trunk for the trip. :laughing:

sgtmillhouse648
06-24-2010, 01:59 PM
There was definitely some engineering that went into this which is epic wins in my book :) Reminds me of Dave's mid engine'd integra build (http://www.team-integra.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=15&TopicID=106670&ThreadPage=1)

longdx
06-24-2010, 04:04 PM
That was done by Mosler. He is famous for the Mosler Consuiler GTP and other disgustingly quick cars. An interesting part of this car, is that the front and rear engines have different shift points and actually different HP ratings (275 front/300rear) so there is a continous surge of power. The downside is that the car is heavy and 2 engine gulp fuel prety quickly. Sometimes, IMO two is not always better than one

Apokiliptik1
06-26-2010, 02:32 PM
have to take out the back seat to work on the motor stupid to me but hey its their money and time.