PDA

View Full Version : Google

astrogus
06-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Hey guys have a quick question, whats the easiest way to get your business on the front page of google when someones searching for detailing in your area. I come up 3rd on Mobile detailing but when you type other keywords like auto detailing or car detailing i dont come up. I have a website which i would think would give me and advantage because 90% of detailers in my area come up through yahoo local or google maps. If anyone knows a secret or an easy preferably free way please let me know, thanks in advance.

fancyfootwork
06-23-2010, 09:36 PM
You can pay to have you be in the top 3 results.

astrogus
06-23-2010, 09:41 PM
Yea paying is no fun though lol, figured there might be something im missing that i can do to add keywords or boost my rankings on there. I've already submitted my business to every single free business directory i could possibly find.

fancyfootwork
06-23-2010, 09:45 PM
yeah, i think its regulated by hits? Get your name out with Twitter, Facebook, etc. That will probably also boost your status

maximus20895
06-23-2010, 10:11 PM
Look up the term SEO this will get you started.

You have to find keywords and use them in your site as well as in your meta tags.

Google is the only thing that matters when you are online.

I will help you more if needed as I do internet marketing.

evilwrx
06-24-2010, 07:07 AM
:iagree:

Keywords are well...key. Not only do they need to be placed properly in your meta tags, website title, page titles and page descriptions, but they should also be in the text of your website. Don't just slam the words in the text either, it has to be natural. You can make it to page one without paying, it just takes work and knowledge (which you can acquire yourself).

A good place to start is at Google itself. Look here to generate keywords: Google Keyword Generator (https://adwords.google.com/o/Targeting/Explorer?__u=1000000000&__c=1000000000&ideaRequestType=KEYWORD_IDEAS#search.none)

And there are many other tools that Google provides free for you to use. Just poke around on their site.

knj
06-24-2010, 07:57 AM
Another free tool is Google anylitics, this tool will let you know how much traffice and where the vistors to your web site come from. As well as how long they were on the site and what pages they visited.
May not help drive you to the top of the search but is a valuable tool.

Millennium
07-16-2010, 12:32 AM
As mentioned above, keywords (meta tags) are very important. Also having other sites linking to your site and having relevant content is definitely a plus. You don't have to pay to have your site positioned on the first page. Paying will get you there faster but if coded and marketed properly you can be on the first page in time.

DrMcDave
08-02-2010, 02:44 PM
go to "google" and into the search box type "google local." Google local lets you setup a google local business account. You'll notice in your setup that it gives you the options to insert key words, hours, payment options and so on.

I was able to outrank my real estate company's website in under a month by adding content to my google local along with my website. Google restructured the google local so it's not paying dividends anymore but for a detailing business it should be easy to rank pretty high pretty quickly. I was sort of gaming the system for a while until google caught up.

AeroCleanse
08-02-2010, 03:03 PM
If Google told you, then everyone would try and game the system. Google uses a sophisticated algorithm which they often change.

DrMcDave
08-02-2010, 03:33 PM
If Google told you, then everyone would try and game the system. Google uses a sophisticated algorithm which they often change.

Perhaps that was the wrong way to state it. My company name is "Prudential Bob Yost - Sites" which registers on google maps.

I added myself individually as "Prudential Bob Yost - Sites, David Monsour" and then added enough content (new fresh content) to leap frog my company and everyone else. So I was able to be the top company and an individual realtor for about 6 months. I suppose this was happening a lot so google will only allow one name or similar name per address. Thus kicking me out.

My point is that google local is a great place to start if you haven't created an account.