PDA

View Full Version : Clear Bra help???

DARK HORSE
06-23-2010, 09:11 AM
Okay I need some help from you guys that have experience with clear bras. I have a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 scheduled for this weekend. While I was pre-inspecting the vehicle today I noticed that it has a clear bra. The truck is very dirty and been neglected, however the bra does seem to be in pretty good shape. I need suggestions on how to deal with the bra. Can it be polished like the rest of the paint, or should I tape it off and stay away from it with the polisher? Any suggestions on how to make it look good?, Also I was going to seal the truck with WG DGPS after polishing, can I seal the bra also????

Feed back please

Slava
06-23-2010, 10:02 AM
I have a clear bra on my car and I've only polishing it once. I used a LC black finishing pad with Menz PO85RD and it seemed to do the job. I've never tried sealing the clear bra.

Hope this helps.

CEE DOG
06-23-2010, 11:24 AM
Wish I could have gotten that Ultima to you sooner Tad. That'll seal it up real nice!

DARK HORSE
06-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Wish I could have gotten that Ultima to you sooner Tad. That'll seal it up real nice!

As luck would have it, just after I posted this thread the owner called me and rescheduled for the second week in July...So maybe I'll give it a whirl...Thanks CoreyIm the MAN

Munich77
06-23-2010, 02:09 PM
I have a clear bra on my car. I typically take care of it by just using QD (FK425). I have recently gotten some OCW and it works well on the clear bra. I hope that helps.

molarman
06-23-2010, 04:14 PM
just finished detailing my car with a clear bra. washed, then clayed, then applied sealant (wolfgang 3.0) by hand to the bra. most experienced guys on this forum recommended this method. dont know why u cant use a da polisher with non abrasive pad to apply a sealant.

Old Tiger
06-23-2010, 06:24 PM
CEE Dog is spot on! IME UPGP has no rivals on clear bras! Clean the edges as best you can with a good APC and a Q Tip. UPGP will almost make the edges disappear!

04Si
06-23-2010, 06:42 PM
I have 3M clear bra on 2 vehicles. A 3rd vehicle prior to that. I polish, wax, QD.....the same as the paint. No issues. I have even gently wet sanded and polished it back up.

CEE DOG
06-23-2010, 07:40 PM
As luck would have it, just after I posted this thread the owner called me and rescheduled for the second week in July...So maybe I'll give it a whirl...Thanks CoreyIm the MAN

Thats perfect!!! Im the MANIm the MANIm the MAN