PDA

View Full Version : Interior Help

cobalt9123
06-21-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm really a noob when it comes to interior detailing, mostly because my current car is the only one with surfaces "worth" detailing, and that actually had some different surfaces besides cloth. I can't exactly identify all of these surfaces and need help on some products to use. There are 3 different surfaces on my interior. I BELIEVE them to be vinyl, leather, and plastic. I'll show you guys some pictures and hopefully you can help me out:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/int1.jpg
Top feels like what I believe to be vinyl. It's not as hard as the plastic, but not as soft as the leather. Is that what vinyl looks like?

Here's another angle, and what I believe the surfaces to be from top to bottom:

Vinyl
Plastic
Leather Insert
Plastic

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/int2.jpg

Here's the liner on the bottom of my door, I BELIEVE this is plastic as well...or maybe rubber? It might be a combination of both..rubber seal and plastic?
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/int3.jpg

Sorry for my newbness...and not knowing what the surfaces are :(

Here's my purchase list for my interior (I basically have nothing as of now):

1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium Interior Plastic Cleaner for cleaning the plastic.
1Z Einszett Rubber Care Stick Gummi Pflege for the seals (have heard great reviews on it).
303 Aerospace Protectant for the plastic on interior and rubber/plastic on exterior.
I assume water for the leather and 303 Protectant on it will be sufficient (My car is only a year old).
I have M40 for the vinyl, if it is truly vinyl, and can coat it with 303 I do believe.

Help is much appreciated, THANKS! Im the MAN

AeroCleanse
06-21-2010, 09:11 PM
1z-einzsett Cockpit Premium is all I use in the interior hard surfaces. For exterior I use 1z-einzsett Vinyl-Rubber.

CEE DOG
06-21-2010, 09:19 PM
Your on the right track Jordan. The 1Z CP will work great for cleaning and the 303 for protecting the interior.

Also, the DP is a versatile interior cleaner
DP Total Interior Cleaner cleans plastic, vinyl, leather, carpet, and upholstery without harsh solvents or caustic chemicals. (http://www.autogeek.net/dp340.html)

je1n
06-21-2010, 09:53 PM
what is safe not to make the dash shiny, I have an new car and want to take care of the inside but dont want the ol armour all shine! same products as you recommended?

cobalt9123
06-21-2010, 10:03 PM
1z-einzsett Cockpit Premium is all I use in the interior hard surfaces. For exterior I use 1z-einzsett Vinyl-Rubber.

Thanks, I have heard good things about it.

Your on the right track Jordan. The 1Z CP will work great for cleaning and the 303 for protecting the interior.

Also, the DP is a versatile interior cleaner
DP Total Interior Cleaner cleans plastic, vinyl, leather, carpet, and upholstery without harsh solvents or caustic chemicals. (http://www.autogeek.net/dp340.html)

Thanks Corey! I didn't even think about the DP total interior, do you think it would be OK on leather? I have heard many things about putting stuff on leather and it causing the leather to look worse over time, and to just use water or a water and a tiny bit of soap for new leather. Any truth to it?

what is safe not to make the dash shiny, I have an new car and want to take care of the inside but dont want the ol armour all shine! same products as you recommended?

What's it made out of? 303 gives a very nice shine that's not "oily shine" like armor all. You can get a sample from here that will go a long way.

DARK HORSE
06-21-2010, 10:57 PM
Jordon, you can use 1z-einzsett Cockpit Premium on all of the surfaces shown in your picture. You can follow up with 303 for protection, conditioning, and a very nice look with excellent results. As you probably know, if you do have any leather, most likely it is finished leather. Do you have leather or cloth seats? If you have any horizonal surfaces that are some type of leather, you can verify which type you have by doing the following little test: Put a couple of drops of water on the surface. If the water is absorbed into the material, than it is real leather, if it just sits on the surface it is finished leather. Also Gummi Pflege is an excellent product for the seals. But you can also use 303 with great results as well...

cobalt9123
06-21-2010, 11:03 PM
Jordon, you can use 1z-einzsett Cockpit Premium on all of the surfaces shown in your picture. You can follow up with 303 for protection, conditioning, and a very nice look with excellent results. As you probably know, if you do have any leather, most likely it is finished leather. Do you have leather or cloth seats? If you have any horizonal surfaces that are some type of leather, you can verify which type you have by doing the following little test: Put a couple of drops of water on the surface. If the water is absorbed into the material, than it is real leather, if it just sits on the surface it is finished leather. Also Gummi Pflege is an excellent product for the seals. But you can also use 303 with great results as well...

I'm sure my leather is coated, as it doesn't absorb water. I have leather appointed seats with ultralux cloth inserts (I don't actually sit on any leather, just leather appointed). Thanks for the tip on the Gummi, is 303 inferior or superior to it? I always see people using Pfledge is why I ask...Thanks Tad.

DARK HORSE
06-21-2010, 11:15 PM
I'm sure my leather is coated, as it doesn't absorb water. I have leather appointed seats with ultralux cloth inserts (I don't actually sit on any leather, just leather appointed). Thanks for the tip on the Gummi, is 303 inferior or superior to it? I always see people using Pfledge is why I ask...Thanks Tad.

I'm not sure if 303 is inferior or superior to Pfledge (for seals). I have used and like both (for seals). I can't imagine anything being superior to 303 when it comes to UV and extreme temperature protection. I really like how easy it is to apply 303, I ended up tearing the tip off my Pfledge and applying it like I do 303. That is putting some on a MF applicator and applying it lightly that way.

cobalt9123
06-22-2010, 11:47 PM
I'm not sure if 303 is inferior or superior to Pfledge (for seals). I have used and like both (for seals). I can't imagine anything being superior to 303 when it comes to UV and extreme temperature protection. I really like how easy it is to apply 303, I ended up tearing the tip off my Pfledge and applying it like I do 303. That is putting some on a MF applicator and applying it lightly that way.

I've heard that a lot of people do that with their pfledge. Thanks for the help Tad!

CEE DOG
07-04-2010, 10:56 PM

This was made for you...I've been playing with this for about a week. This is exactly what you want if you want a true matte finish. For me I think a prefer a tiny bit of gloss compared with this but its a nice product.

SONAX Dashboard Cleaner Matte Finish, matte dashboard cleaner, dash cleaner, interior cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/sonax-dashboard-cleaner.html)

WRAPT C5Z06
07-04-2010, 11:35 PM
I didn't even think about the DP total interior, do you think it would be OK on leather?

Perfectly fine on finished(coated) leather.

1Z cockpit premium is more of a cleaner, it has minimal UV protection. You'll definitely want to follow with an interior protectant, that's if you want optimal UV protection.

Jenn1270
07-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Thanks Corey! I didn't even think about the DP total interior, do you think it would be OK on leather? I have heard many things about putting stuff on leather and it causing the leather to look worse over time, and to just use water or a water and a tiny bit of soap for new leather. Any truth to it?

I the DP cleaner on my finished leather yesterday and it worked great. I took very little and it did very well.

cobalt9123
07-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Perfectly fine on finished(coated) leather.

1Z cockpit premium is more of a cleaner, it has minimal UV protection. You'll definitely want to follow with an interior protectant, that's if you want optimal UV protection.

Thanks for the advice, I believe I'll follow it up with 303 Aerospace as I just ordered some of it with the CP.

I the DP cleaner on my finished leather yesterday and it worked great. I took very little and it did very well.
Thanks for the advice Jenn, I believe I'll be purchasing some with my next order for quick cleanings inbetween deep cleaning/dressing.