PDA

View Full Version : Air Compressor

GK Auto Spa
06-21-2010, 07:37 AM
Does anybody use an air compressor on their rigs,if so what size? Im thinking bout getting a 150psi,would that be enuff to get the water out mirrors,grillz,etc?

this the one i want...
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m63/gksport/a01b5f86-39cf-4a79-98d1-1419d51e216.jpg

Ladyvalea
06-21-2010, 10:08 AM
does autogeek, have air compressor tools to attach to this? what attachment do you use for cleaning grills?

GK Auto Spa
06-21-2010, 10:40 AM
this blow as they call it

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m63/gksport/9990000031850311.jpg

Vette 03
06-21-2010, 11:36 AM
I use a similar air compressor for the exact same use you are asking about , not only is it effective it is so much faster than any other method that I can find! It not only gets the water out but it dries it at the same time, no water marks, no runs, no drips, no errors. Extremely easy and fast, I have posted this reply to people who want to use a leaf blower, I have tried that also, but this is much better IMO because it can be directed in much tighter places ie" mirrors, grills, wheels, tires, jambs, hood edge, grills, trunk area, lisense plates, trim, glass edge, lugage rack areas, lights, and many more if you are using it you keep finding more and more!!!!!!!!!:buffing::hotrod2:

GK Auto Spa
06-21-2010, 12:13 PM
I use a similar air compressor for the exact same use you are asking about , not only is it effective it is so much faster than any other method that I can find! It not only gets the water out but it dries it at the same time, no water marks, no runs, no drips, no errors. Extremely easy and fast, I have posted this reply to people who want to use a leaf blower, I have tried that also, but this is much better IMO because it can be directed in much tighter places ie" mirrors, grills, wheels, tires, jambs, hood edge, grills, trunk area, lisense plates, trim, glass edge, lugage rack areas, lights, and many more if you are using it you keep finding more and more!!!!!!!!!:buffing::hotrod2:

Also the interior,trash thats under the seat you can blow out(without knick'n your hands) & then vacuum it out effortlessly! ...the only way to detail IMO!:xyxthumbs:

SouthernStyles
06-21-2010, 03:24 PM
That compressor is great i have it and i love it! It will run alot with the air wand but its not to loud. Id go to Sears and check out some of there bigger compressors to hold more air.

GK Auto Spa
06-21-2010, 03:30 PM
That compressor is great i have it and i love it! It will run alot with the air wand but its not to loud. Id go to Sears and check out some of there bigger compressors to hold more air.

thats my concern,can you blow out the full interior? I like the design/size of this one because when i customized my truck i want everything under a fiberglass bed cover so its hidden!

What you use it for? How long before it runs out of air?

SouthernStyles
06-21-2010, 03:34 PM
I use mine for everything! Blowing the int. free of trash and dust/dirt build up. For the Ext. i use it to blow out all the water.

Showroom Shine
06-21-2010, 03:59 PM
I carry a 6 gallon Pancake compressor, it helps blow water out of mirrors,door jams,etc. I do have a tornador tool I also use occassionally. It's a great tool,but I think it works better for a fixed location set up. Since I'm mobile I just use the blow tools!

GK Auto Spa
06-21-2010, 04:04 PM
I carry a 6 gallon Pancake compressor, it helps blow water out of mirrors,door jams,etc. I do have a tornador tool I also use occassionally. It's a great tool,but I think it works better for a fixed location set up. Since I'm mobile I just use the blow tools!

Never heard of a tornador tool

Showroom Shine
06-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Never heard of a tornador tool
Auto Geek & Detail King both have the Tornador Tools.

GK Auto Spa
06-21-2010, 04:45 PM
Auto Geek & Detail King both have the Tornador Tools.

Looks like it comes in handy with cars that has sat up & collected lint dust or a smokers car(no offense).

mtnbiker
06-21-2010, 04:48 PM
As a carpenter I use a 4 gal. Dewalt. When I need to blow dust from a large area, it empties to quickly then I have to wait for it to build up pressure again. I can propably blow at full pressure for about 10-15 seconds before it kicks on again. I'd go with a 20 gal but its to big to haul around, therefore I try to be patient. If I could keep it in one spot, I'd propably get an 80 gal. I've seen these at Lowes on clearance for as little as 200.00