PDA

View Full Version : LC Curved Edge CCS Pads

rohnramirez
06-21-2010, 12:03 AM
I dropped by a shopping mall last weekend and saw a few of the LC Curved CCS pads on the shelves. I always thought that only the edges were curved to cover the edge of the BP, but i noticed that the whole pad was concave-shaped. I'm just curious how you guys keep this pad flat on a rotary?

Feed back please

rohnramirez
06-21-2010, 02:28 AM
i would assume applying a bit of pressure. But the cutting pads aren't exactly soft that wouldn't require more pressure to flatten it out. Cause i'm thinking if you keep it curved like that, the 7.5" pad would cover the same space like a 5.5" pad would...make sense?

2003 GMC Denali
06-21-2010, 06:48 AM
There's a store in a Mall, that sells LC Pads off the shelf ?

rohnramirez
06-21-2010, 09:30 PM
Hi Dean. Yes there is, where i live at least.

I hope someone with some experience with the pads can chime in. :)

rohnramirez
06-22-2010, 07:42 PM
I guess i'll have to buy one next weekend. Cheers.

PlayDoh
10-11-2013, 09:50 PM
I know this is an old thread, but I ordered some 7.5" LC CCS pads and got the curved ones unexpectedly. Just wondering if anyone can give some insight as to if these curved pads work as well as flat.

I also think these pads are so curved, and when pressing them down on a flat surface I can see they only make 7" s of contact roughly.

I'm on the fence right now, whether I should send them back and get different ones. I'm just getting started with detailing and I need the basics. I'm also wondering if CCS pads wernt the best choice, as I've read they don't cut as well as open cells.