PDA

View Full Version : A couple snapshots of the finished work.

amitpatel
04-10-2006, 01:42 AM
Well I just finished detailing the car and WOW the body looks like glass. I will post more pics when I snap some in the morning if it is nice and bright outside. Sorry about the blur in the photos.

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/1457/pict00072pj.jpg

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/3559/pict00367lq.jpg

Meghan
04-10-2006, 01:34 PM
Looks nice!

ScottB
04-10-2006, 05:07 PM
you cannot post pics without listing the products youve used, how else are we to know what to try ?? :D

amitpatel
04-10-2006, 08:14 PM
I own a dark blue metallic 528i bimmer and I was impressed with the final results.
Products used:
Mothers Clay bar and detailer spray
P21S Paintworks Cleansing Lotion
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant
Turtle's new brand of wax/protectant called ICE
DP Krystal Vision Glass Cleaner for the glass and chrome wheels
Leatherique for the seats (A+ on the results)

If anyone has any suggestions on what kind of wax to apply at the end please post. There are many products to choose from on AutoGeek and do not know whats best.

I am very pleased with the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant but am thinking of applying a couple coats of Klass High Gloss Sealant Glaze at the end, is this a bad idea? :confused:

P.S. I clayed all the windows and boy it made a big difference in feel and clarity. Then cleaned them with the DP Krystal glass cleaner.

ScottB
04-10-2006, 09:22 PM
Its easy to say that Pinnacle Souveran is the best carnuba we carry, and simply a great topper. But as with anything, its price point, and user preference comes into play. You could not do wrong with Pinnacle Sig Series, DP Max Wax, P21S, or Nattys Blue on your dark wonder.

As for Klasse SG, I think most would suggest using it prior to Wolfgang as Klasse is an acrylic sealant, while Wolfgang is a poly-sealant and glossier. Klasse SG is a pain to get off properly (hint: use small fine mist spray bottle) but is nearly bulletproof once cured. It also is a little sterile compared to some of the newer sealants.

amitpatel
04-11-2006, 12:10 AM
So Killer what do you say, I am thinking perhaps after claying the car use the P21S paintworks cleaning lotion, 2x Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant letting it cure between coats, and 2x Pinnacle Souveran Wax?? Would that give it that extreme wet look as well as long lasting protection? What would you do scince my car is metallic dark blue?

BTW the Metro Vac n Blow has to be the best vac that I have tried in my car compared to my old Dirt Devil, Shop Vac (from Home Depot) and Shark brand vac's.

Thanks for your help. :D

Neothin
04-11-2006, 10:53 AM
if you want to have a dark blue metallic paint look awesome, wash/clay/rmg/souveran or natty's blue. That's what i use on my car. Freshly waxed = humping the tailpipe