PDA

View Full Version : Daily drivers vs Enthusiasts

GK Auto Spa
06-20-2010, 07:05 PM
My first week out & i realize there's two types of people i'll be dealing with. Daily drivers & the enthusiast.

The daily driver just want a quick cheap wash & have NO knowledge(& could care less) of the proper detailing methods

The enthusiast on the other hand knows what he want done to his car & appreciate quality.

It's a hard bridge the gap!

JohnnyC
06-20-2010, 07:51 PM
Oh i hear ya , i have the same deal and it drives me crazy. On one hand you look at this car and you just want to do your best and you know if you could it would come out fantastic. Then you hear the customer say "No don't do that Just give me a regular wash and wax" That kills me!:bash:

fancyfootwork
06-20-2010, 07:57 PM
Oh i hear ya , i have the same deal and it drives me crazy. On one hand you look at this car and you just want to do your best and you know if you could it would come out fantastic. Then you hear the customer say "No don't do that Just give me a regular wash and wax" That kills me!:bash:

On the plus side of just doing a wash and wax, you will generally get them returning clients. Also, a wash and wax takes tops of an hour and a half (give or take). Instead of a full days detailing. With that being said you can do 5 or more cars.

GK Auto Spa
06-20-2010, 08:21 PM

It's amazing!!

On the plus side of just doing a wash and wax, you will generally get them returning clients. Also, a wash and wax takes tops of an hour and a half (give or take). Instead of a full days detailing. With that being said you can do 5 or more cars.

True,but when your passionate about your work it puts a damper on you....until the next customer arrives! :D

RTexasF
06-20-2010, 08:30 PM
The toughest thing to learn is not to go crazy wasting time, product, and effort on those that just want an el cheapo wash & wax. Doing a little extra at no extra charge (and pointing it out to them) will bring them back. I mean like a courtesy vacuum when they didn't ask for it for instance, just a little something. They'll almost never tip but will likely return.

With the enthusiast you know they will not accept anything less than perfection and price/do the job accordingly.

Rydis
06-20-2010, 09:03 PM
what about the mixed crowed like me? Everyone few months ill go all out for the best possible show finish. However I only get around to washing my car 2-3 weeks intervals because its just a DD.

dunston
06-21-2010, 02:05 PM
I explain what I can do with most of my clients and figure out what they want and are expecting. I find it a lot easier to get someone to pay $100 for a wash, wax and interior detail, then $300 for a full blown paint correction.