PDA

View Full Version : Menz power finish working time

Blake30
06-19-2010, 10:26 PM
How long is the working time of of Menz Power Finish? I used it for the first time today and could use some help. I was using a Megs tan finishing pad on a Makita rotary. Loaded the pad to start and then used three or four small pea size thereafter for each 2x2 square and a water mist at times. Spread it out at 900rmp then to 1500rmp for a few minutes. It would dust a little bit but would remain buttery for ever. I would drop back to 900 for another pass and then start wiping up the light layer of butter. No toast on hand though!! Seemed to be finishing ok. But then again it was dark when I was done! I'll make sure I only drive it at night!!

Do I need to work it longer, use a different pad, use higher rpm, or look for a new hobby!!

Thanks

Fly bye
06-20-2010, 12:43 AM
How long is the working time of of Menz Power Finish?

I was using a Megs tan finishing pad on a Makita rotary. Loaded the pad to start and then used three or four small pea size thereafter for each 2x2 square and a water mist at times. Spread it out at 900rmp then to 1500rmp for a few minutes. It would dust a little bit but would remain buttery for ever. I would drop back to 900 for another pass and then start wiping up the light layer of butter. Seemed to be finishing ok.

Do I need to work it longer, use a different pad, use higher rpm, or look for a new hobby!!

This seems to be a good technique. This question is very broad. It depends on the type of paint, the correction needed, and lots of other variables.

Btw...this is the "Pinnacle wax" forum.

ScottB
06-20-2010, 09:11 AM
like most Menzerna polishes is should flash from paste to a talc kinda look as in dried wax or sealant. If you dont get that, your likely using too much. I dont suggest heavily saturating pad when using Menzerna.

porta
06-20-2010, 09:53 AM
Skip the water next time, the product is - as you can see- well lubed :)

Blake30
06-20-2010, 08:06 PM
Thanks. Seems as though I might need less and work it longer 'til it flashes. I'll just keep playing with it. After looking at the car in the sun today I'll need to work out some of the halograms:)

Sorry for the "Pinnacle" post. Haven't done much of this and was just happy to get my question on somewhere.