PDA

View Full Version : Ultima T&TGP over Black Again etc

CEE DOG
06-19-2010, 06:23 PM
Has anybody used one of these dye products like Black Wow or Black Again and then come in with some Ultima T&TGP? Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus, tire & trim protectant, tire dressing, rubber protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-tire-trim-guard.html)
Will the Ultima Bond over it and stop it from streaking or washing away? Or do the 2 not react well to each other? I would assume this would NOT work out but wondered if anybody has actually tried it.

Bunky
06-19-2010, 06:48 PM
Black Wow is not a dye product. It is similar to PB TR and Mothers Back to Black.

The question I have is will Utima extend the longevity of PB TR. It lasts longer for me than Black Wow.

CEE DOG
06-19-2010, 07:02 PM
I'm thinking the answer to your question is yes. I'd love to know for sure. The PB TR doesn't seem to give any hint of their chemical properties but the fact it says it is completely dry to the touch and won't streak is good.

Black again has a dye in it though correct?

Bunky
06-19-2010, 07:39 PM
I have only Black Wow and PB's. I prefer PB's. On my Dakota mirrors, PB lasts longer and looks better. PB's does run if not buffed off. I apply generously and let it soak in but have neglected to buff out. However, every trim product seems to behave differently with different plastics.

Lasthope05
06-19-2010, 08:30 PM
I think it would work if you use a true trim dye product like Forever Black and then seal it with UTTGP. I remember Sparkie used to use Forever Black and top it off with DG 201/203.

Harleyguy
06-19-2010, 09:22 PM
Black wow is just an all right product IMO i did a side by side test on my sport trac running boards which has the factory chrome ones with the black cladding inserts.The black wow only lasted about two weeks and the black again had at least 6 to 7 weeks before the cladding began to fade again.I think the bottom line is these products all of them only buy you some time until you get tired of what it looks like and you replace the piece with a new factory piece or your looking to sell the car.