PDA

View Full Version : Opti-Bond Seperation

Pages : [1] 2

bogi094
06-19-2010, 06:12 PM
So I have a small 4oz bottle of optibond/water mix and after 1 day it separates from the water. Not all separated as I did 1:1 or around 1:1.5 so some of it is still in the water itself. Purchased 2 weeks ago from AG, can you guys help me out?

Diluted 1:1 it separated in my garage, shook it up stored inside overnight and it did the same. As far as I know its not supposed to do this.

Heres a picture: http://i48.tinypic.com/1zmdvz6.jpg

WRAPT C5Z06
06-19-2010, 07:48 PM
Mine does the same thing diluted 1:1. It's normal. I got tired of having to dilute it and having it separate, so I switched to optimum tire shine. This stuff is made to be put in a spray bottle and I love it! Don't get me wrong, if you shake the diltued opti-bod it works great, but optimum tire shine better suits what I want.

Lasthope05
06-19-2010, 08:22 PM
You guys must have a bad batch or something because my Opti-bond at 1:1 mix has not separated on me. It's been sitting on the shelve for over a month now because I found a new tire dressing.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-19-2010, 08:28 PM
You guys must have a bad batch or something because my Opti-bond at 1:1 mix has not separated on me. It's been sitting on the shelve for over a month now because I found a new tire dressing.
I'm going to call optimum on Monday.

What tire dressing did you replace it with? Just curious...

Lasthope05
06-19-2010, 08:36 PM
I replaced it with Autoglym vinyl & rubber care. I find that it gives it a more cleaner new tire look, is more weather resistant and lasts a bit longer. Also the nice fresh lemon scent makes it nice to work with.

AeroCleanse
06-19-2010, 10:20 PM
I switched from Opti-Bond to 1z-einzett

WRAPT C5Z06
06-19-2010, 10:46 PM
I don't think we got a bad batch. If you shake it before use, it should work exactly how it's supposed to. Opti-bond is a thick gel, it doesn't surprise me it separates in water. JMO.

rwright
06-19-2010, 10:53 PM
I replaced it with Autoglym vinyl & rubber care. I find that it gives it a more cleaner new tire look, is more weather resistant and lasts a bit longer. Also the nice fresh lemon scent makes it nice to work with.

Imagine that...

Lasthope05
06-19-2010, 10:55 PM
I don't think we got a bad batch. If you shake it before use, it should work exactly how it's supposed to. Opti-bond is a thick gel, it doesn't surprise me it separates in water. JMO.

Well I was just saying mine has not separated and has sat on the shelf undisturbed for about a month. Then again I didnt order it from AG.

Imagine that...

:confused::confused::confused:

rwright
06-19-2010, 10:58 PM
Read the bold print :xyxthumbs:

Lasthope05
06-19-2010, 11:01 PM
:doh:

I'm a bit slow right now...haha :p

WRAPT C5Z06
06-20-2010, 02:53 AM
Well I was just saying mine has not separated and has sat on the shelf undisturbed for about a month. Then again I didnt order it from AG.

Understood. I didn't order it from AG either. :)

A4 1.8tqm
06-20-2010, 06:51 AM
Interesting... I have some Opti-bond, from AG, and it does not separate in water. Something is fishy with your guys' non-AG Opti-bond....

Serves you right :p

Edit: I thought OP said his Opti-bond was not from AG as well... Still serves you right :p :p :p

WRAPT C5Z06
06-20-2010, 11:05 AM
Interesting... I have some Opti-bond, from AG, and it does not separate in water. Something is fishy with your guys' non-AG Opti-bond....

Serves you right :p

Edit: I thought OP said his Opti-bond was not from AG as well... Still serves you right :p :p :p
:laughing:

This is very interesting, though. Two of us have opti-bond that searates in water, while two of you don't. I guess you two have magic water. I'm going to talk to Dr. G tomorrow.

Wendell Jarvis
06-20-2010, 11:49 AM

:iagree:Opti Bond is my favorite tire dressing...never had a problem using it in a Spray Bottle, nor any problems with mixing, I always give it a good shaking before applying and my customers love the look.....not that greasy,slimy look.