PDA

View Full Version : poorboys trim

Pages : [1] 2

john b
06-19-2010, 12:27 PM
hi all just ordered poorboys world trim restorer can any one share about how they apply this and more impotant how does it hold up after rain

kb2ehj
06-19-2010, 01:54 PM
I use it on my Honda Element and simply love the stuff.

Holds up very well to the weather.

I've applied it with a foam wax applicator and with a foam paint brush. My personal preference right now is the applicator pad.

Search around this and other detailing web sites and you see lots of people use it.

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
06-19-2010, 02:05 PM
Congrats on your purchase! I like to use a foam paint brush and literally put drops on the tip of it and just paint it on keep spreading it till you don't notice a difference of where you are going over. Remember use as little as you can when I say use drops I mean drops lol.

TR holds up well in the weather like kb2ehj said and durability always depends on your location and driving conditions.

ScottB
06-19-2010, 04:19 PM
I use foam wax applicators, you need something that can help in corners and straight edges, and these are bendable and collapisble.

BobbyG
07-02-2010, 07:50 PM
I use a variety of applicators from foam brushes to pieces I've cut from foam padding. As long as it works I'm good with it.

I really like the results I get with Poorboys World Trim Restorer and it lasts. It goes on evenly and cleanly without the runny mess I've experienced with other products..

Mindflux
07-02-2010, 09:17 PM
Pockets -- how does this differ from NL?

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
07-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Pockets -- how does this differ from NL?

Different application surfaces.... NL is for interior dash, vinyl, plastics etc. it can be used outside but wont last very long. TR is for grainy trim like cowls and stuff like that :xyxthumbs:

longdx
07-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Excellent advice. I bought a sample of PB's Trim restorer and plan on using it on my wife's CR-V (the rubber on the bottom sills). I will post pictures hopefully this weekend

john b
07-05-2010, 07:10 PM
hi all ihave been useing the poorboys trim and i can tell you it is a relief not to see this product running down from door handles and around the exterior rubber around windows after a night of rain i have tried and donated alot of products that wash off after claiming they are waterproof so thanks my friends:xyxthumbs:

WRAPT C5Z06
07-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Very good stuff for exterior trim!!!!

Ty07allstar
07-13-2010, 09:59 PM
Will Poorboys Trim restorer leave smudges and come off on your fingers when you touch it, like when shutting the doors?

Mindflux
07-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Will Poorboys Trim restorer leave smudges and come off on your fingers when you touch it, like when shutting the doors?

It dries to the touch, but I gotta ask. What self respecting detailer closes their doors by the B pillar/window frame? Push it closed with the grab handle, it's meant to be touched.

P.S My wife HATES that I ask her to close the door like this.. I always catch her shutting the door with the window frame/B-Pillar.

Ty07allstar
07-13-2010, 10:04 PM
It dries to the touch, but I gotta ask. What self respecting detailer closes their doors by the B pillar/window frame? Push it closed with the grab handle, it's meant to be touched.

P.S My wife HATES that I ask her to close the door like this.. I always catch her shutting the door with the window frame/B-Pillar.

I do it because my handles are just too low and it's more convenient for me.

Mindflux
07-13-2010, 10:04 PM
I do it because my handles are just too low and it's more convenient for me.

Do you slide in the car dukes of hazzard style too?

Im the MAN

Ty07allstar
07-13-2010, 10:06 PM
Do you slide in the car dukes of hazzard style too?

Im the MAN

Nah