PDA

View Full Version : hi from lone pine ca

sammy
06-18-2010, 10:20 PM
i noticed mike phillips was on this site so i thought to join up , was lucky to take one of his sat meguires classes 3 or so yrs ago . doubt if he remembers me , i was the one that fell asleep due to waking too early to get to the class in la 300 miles away, and loaned you some of the new at that time 3mda color sanding pads . i have an addiction with the old zr1 corvettes . having 3 a red and blk 90s and a white 92. and just love keeping them polished up . this looks like a great site that i can klearn a bunch from as well as get some awsome products . i take care of as 9 hole golf course in lone pine and also try to keep the equipment all polished up . if you happen to be driving up 395 stop by and say hi . i also enjoy drag racing all 3 cars going to most of the test and tunes at both fontana and famoso . my blk 90 has run a best of 11.55 @122.77 mph and the white 92 which is a callawy 475 super natural has run 12.05@118.48 . if you see me at the strip say hi . thanx again for the welcome e mail . brad taylor:props:

JohnnyC
06-19-2010, 08:33 AM
:welcome:From the over crowded state of New Jersey:buffing::buffing:

Donnym
06-19-2010, 09:15 AM
Welcome from Miami

Mike Phillips
06-19-2010, 10:00 AM
i noticed mike phillips was on this site so i thought to join up , was lucky to take one of his sat Meguiar's classes 3 or so yrs ago . doubt if he remembers me , i was the one that fell asleep due to waking too early to get to the class in la 300 miles away, and loaned you some of the new at that time 3mda color sanding pads .

Hi Brad,

I remember you, lucky for me the number of people that fell a sleep in my class was far and few between... :laughing:

One of the things I try to do in any class is be a lot more animated than I normally would be and include a little comedy... I recently went through the Dave Ramsey class and loved it especially because in his presentation he's very animated and includes a lot of comedy.

Since you attended that class I've had the very good fortune to move over to Autogeek and since coming to Autogeek I've made 11 or 12 TV segments with Bryan Fuller and Kevin Byrd from Two Guy's Garage and moving forward there's more surprises for the future.

Two Guy's Garage with Bryan Fuller and Kevin Byrd
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/824/BrianAndKevin.jpg (http://www.autogeek.net/video-ascg.html)

Sometimes it's hard to believe I've had the opportunity to be on national TV 12 times a month for what will be almost a year in November. Looking back it started when my dad and I hooked a rope up to a 1926 Model T 1/4 mile race car and pulled it out of a barn when I was 15 years old back in Oregon. Then after polishing the paint on about a zillion cars and teaching uncountable other guys like me how to do the same and then one day you find yourself showing people how to detail cars on TV...

And it seems like only yesterday I was telling the guy next to you to rib you with his elbow to wake you up!

Hope you're doing well and happy to hear from you again!

If you haven't already, check out the links in my Signature Line for articles and videos and here's the link to all the Two Guy's Garage TV segments with more new segments coming up...

:dblthumb2:

Bobby B.
06-19-2010, 10:34 AM
Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

autodromo
06-19-2010, 10:46 AM
Welcome to AGO. I am from LA and go up to mammoth all the time so yes i know all about lone pine. I have also spent a lot of in lone pine as well because of Mt.Whitney, fishing, etc. well once again welcome to the forum.