PDA

View Full Version : Newbie and UPGP

Pages : [1] 2

je1n
06-17-2010, 03:14 PM
Hello everyone! New here and been reading posts for some time now so decided to jump in! I have no experience in detailing whatsoever, bought a new car 2010, within a day after purchasing it, a bird decided to show me how they can damage a new paint job. Dealer took out the stain along with a few light scratches that were on the car at time of purchase, I was told new cars don't come with sealers any longer and it needed a sealer to avoid the bird bombings in the future, so after reading your posts and any info I could find I chose UPGP, it arrived today and I have applied it - so simple to use! very little product it was just as everyone here had shared and as the instructions said, when I finished the last panel, the first panel was already shiny, cant wait to see it tomorrow morning after it has set!! Thanks so much for all your input and hope to learn much more! Jen:xyxthumbs:

Shane731
06-17-2010, 03:18 PM
:welcome: to Auto Geek!

CEE DOG
06-17-2010, 03:24 PM
Welcome Jen!

I am a huge fan of UPGP. I'm glad you went with it. Did you get any of the other Ultima products?

feslope
06-17-2010, 04:09 PM
Welcome Jen!

I am a huge fan of UPGP. I'm glad you went with it. Did you get any of the other Ultima products?Me too. If you have leather seats you will want Interior Gard Plus.

je1n
06-17-2010, 04:10 PM
CEE DOG - Yes, tomorrow the Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus arrives! and I was given Wolfgang Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax, I have not used either of these but anxious to put 'em to work! any tips, do's, do not's are appreciated.

Thanks Shane for the Welcome!

je1n
06-17-2010, 04:12 PM
Fred, I do have leather seats and will do just that! cant ignore the inside - thanks!

rwisejr
06-17-2010, 04:21 PM
Welcome and you made a good choice in products.

AeroCleanse
06-17-2010, 04:45 PM
I like UPGP a lot and its quick and easy to apply.

CEE DOG
06-17-2010, 05:20 PM
If you have leather seats you will want Interior Guard Plus.
Funny you should bring that up. Richard and I were just talking about that today. I think its on both of our lists. Did you find it was as advertised?

CEE DOG - Yes, tomorrow the Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus arrives! and I was given Wolfgang Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax, I have not used either of these but anxious to put 'em to work! any tips, do's, do not's are appreciated.

Sorry I don't have any tips on those 2 as I haven't used them either. The Ultima T&TGP is definetly one I'm looking forward to trying as well. I have plenty of tips on UPGP but sounds like you got it covered. It really is a very simple product to use as long as you just use a tiny amount,

feslope
06-17-2010, 05:30 PM
Funny you should bring that up. Richard and I were just talking about that today. I think its on both of our lists. Did you find it was as advertised?Maybe better. I was really surprised. I applied to the seats on my new Fusion. It sort of changes the "Slide" to "Glide" when getting in and out of leather seats.

je1n
06-17-2010, 05:55 PM
can anyone share what the time span or how long between a paint sealant and (IF) waxing can a wax applied?

feslope
06-17-2010, 06:17 PM
can anyone share what the time span or how long between a paint sealant and (IF) waxing can a wax applied?My rule of thumb "Overnight is always safe" Besides its always great to see how good UPGP looks the next day.

Wax goes great on top of cured UPGP.

P.S. Welcome to the group.

CEE DOG
06-17-2010, 06:31 PM
My rule of thumb "Overnight is always safe" Besides its always great to see how good UPGP looks the next day.

Wax goes great on top of cured UPGP.

P.S. Welcome to the group.

:dblthumb2: :iagree:

12 hours will do it

Maybe better. I was really surprised. I applied to the seats on my new Fusion. It sort of changes the "Slide" to "Glide" when getting in and out of leather seats.

Excellent!

rwright
06-17-2010, 06:53 PM

Thanks Shane for the Welcome!

You are going to love the Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus! Sam Lankford introduced me to the product at Detail Fest this year. We walked over to Max's Vette that he applied it on. Not only did he use it on the trim work of the car, he also applied it to the steering wheel, wheels, and tires! Simply amazing stuff!

What color vehicle are you applying the Pinnacle liquid Souveran too? If you're not going to polish the car, make sure that you clay the surface first to remove all surface contaminants. Then use a paint cleaner to pull as much dirt out as possible. Then apply the liquid Souveran as thin as possible. Oh, make sure that you constantly shake the liquid Souveran.

rwright
06-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Maybe better. I was really surprised. I applied to the seats on my new Fusion. It sort of changes the "Slide" to "Glide" when getting in and out of leather seats.

I think we have a winner Corey! I'll let you know when I have it.