PDA

View Full Version : Saturday "Open Garage" - June 26th

Pages : [1] 2

Mike Phillips
06-17-2010, 07:18 AM
Saturday "Open Garage" - June 26th (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/sign-up-saturday-detailing-101/26403-saturday-open-garage-june-26th.html)

On Saturday, June 26th, there will be an "Open Garage" from 9:00am to 3:00pm

Open Garage is where you can come to Autogeek's Show Car Garage and try out different detailing tools and products.

Testing out the Flex 3401 Forced Rotation Dual Action Polisher
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/855/FirstASCGClass022.jpg

Starting at 9:00am and going until around 3:00pm, Autogeek will host an Open Garage in which registered members of our Autogeek Online Discussion Forum can sign-up to try out Autogeek's complete arsenal of products and tools with experienced and trained experts on hand to help you as well as show you the proper techniques for getting show car results!

The goal of our "Open Garage" is to give people a chance to,

Try out products they may have never used or even known about.
Learn the correct technique for applying and removing specific products or using different tools.

These classes are not for bringing your car down to do a complete detail as in machine polishing and waxing the entire car. We will show you the products and techniques using a fender or the hood and letting you learn and practice on this one panel but after that you will need to finish the rest of the car at your garage. By doing this more people can get their car into the garage and learn in the limited amount of time that we have and that's what these events are about, people learning how to detail their car, not one or two people using the garage from 9:00am to 3:00pm to detail their entire car.

To bring your car to Saturday "Open Garage", you need to be a registered member (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/register.php) and then "Reply" to to this sign-up thread.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
You are only allowed to sign-up for yourself and immediate family members that are living in your home. Friends, family and other club members will need to sign-up for themselves.

Sign-up List - Please reply and provide your real name and forum name.

Example: Jim aka Jimbo

1. Mike Phillips
2. Russ DeLuca aka rdeluca
3. j. gonzalez aka miamijd7
4. E. Vazquez-Bello aka Kingel09
5. aERonAUtical96 aka Rob O
6. D. Young aka MaillotJaune

See you here!

:)

rdeluca
06-17-2010, 07:30 AM
Russ DeLuca aka rdeluca

Meghan
06-17-2010, 08:32 AM
This sounds fun, who's car are you playing on that day?

rdeluca
06-17-2010, 08:55 AM
One of my own, a black 2008 Mustang GT500 convertible. I want to learn how to get acid rain spots off the top surfaces of the car.

jayhkr
06-17-2010, 12:15 PM
(cursing out loud) That's during my vacation time too. I just can't make the 14 hour drive to see you all, hense the cursing. I hope it's a great turn out for you guys. Take lots of pictures. And to all the lucky sign-upers (is that really a word?) Have fun and just know that I want to be there in the worse of ways with all of you.

Mike Phillips
06-17-2010, 12:36 PM
Russ DeLuca aka rdeluca

I've added your name to the list.

This sounds fun, who's car are you playing on that day?

Open Garage is open to any car that's already washed and clean and ready to work on, basically whatever shows up... we work on it... if nothing else... I'll wax my truck. :D

I do have an Extreme Makeover coming up that is a black Buick Grand National filled with horrendous swirls. When that project is ready to come to Autogeek I'll post a sign-up thread.

:)

miamijd7
06-17-2010, 06:24 PM
plz add me

j. gonzalez aka miamijd7

thank u

Harleyguy
06-17-2010, 08:24 PM
Would of been great to come up but i have a date with a lp570-4 Supperleggera.

Mike Phillips
06-18-2010, 05:25 AM
plz add me

j. gonzalez aka miamijd7

thank u

I've added your name to the list!

:xyxthumbs:

kids_gone
06-18-2010, 06:02 AM
Please give us more warning, I would have love to come down but to buy a plane ticket with only a weeks notice is $$$ maybe even $$$$, so please more notice please. Looking for your class, I have 4 days left of vac I have to take before year end.

sammy
06-19-2010, 02:31 PM
where are these classes located , by the looks of it ,is it florida ? are there any in california?

kingel09
06-20-2010, 07:54 AM
I would like to attend.

E. Vazquez-Bello aka Kingel09

Mike Phillips
06-21-2010, 07:17 AM
Please give us more warning, I would have love to come down but to buy a plane ticket with only a weeks notice is $$$ maybe even $$$$, so please more notice please. Looking for your class, I have 4 days left of vac I have to take before year end.

Will try to do a better job, probably sometime in July after the 4th of July weekend. I have an "Extreme Makeover" coming up and that should be a lot of fun.

where are these classes located , by the looks of it ,is it florida ? are there any in california?

It's funny that since coming to Autogeek I've had a lot of people ask me if I'm teaching classes in California and been there done that for 7 years... :laughing:

I would like to attend.

E. Vazquez-Bello aka Kingel09

You're on the list!

aERonAUtical96
06-21-2010, 07:45 AM
Think I was able to get a kitchen pass. Sign me up.

aERonAUtical96 aka Rob O

thanks,

miamijd7
06-21-2010, 09:10 AM
Will try to do a better job, probably sometime in July after the 4th of July weekend. I have an "Extreme Makeover" coming up and that should be a lot of fun.

It's funny that since coming to Autogeek I've had a lot of people ask me if I'm teaching classes in California and been there done that for 7 years... :laughing:

You're on the list!

Mike, I've been following your how-to articles/videos since 1997 but could never fly out to California. Because of your knowledge and experience, I was saving up to fly over there but without sounding selfish, I'm glad you are local here in FL. You are an asset wherever you go and "Autogeek" should appreciative of having someone such as you on their team. You are the best at what you do so keep up the good work... :xyxthumbs: