PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning tire treads...do you and how?

emaxxman
11-05-2006, 03:39 PM
Just curious, what is everyone's process for cleaning tire treads? It occurs to me that it's quite a cramped area and getting a brush in there is pretty tough.

Do you just spray some cleaner or soap and rinse -or- do you scrub too?
If you scrub, what do you use? I have a number Meguiar's brushes but none really fit it well enough to scrub the treads. I do have a cheap brush from Walmart that I can fit in to srub the wheels wells but the treads would be tough.

ScottB
11-05-2006, 04:34 PM
Willing to wash the tires, wheels, and the wheelwells ... not the tire tread.

emaxxman
11-05-2006, 04:57 PM
??? Not sure if you were making a statement or asking me a question.

I'm willing to wash the tread and wheelwells. I just started washing the wheelwells because they were not keeping up with the rest of the car. My problem is that I haven't figured out how to effectively do it. I tried spraying EO tire cleaner on them for my Ody but w/o scrubbing, it didn't really come out that nice.

I guess the other queston is, is it worth it? One drive in the car and the treads are filthy again.

BILL
11-05-2006, 05:45 PM
??? Not sure if you were making a statement or asking me a question.

I'm willing to wash the tread and wheelwells. I just started washing the wheelwells because they were not keeping up with the rest of the car. My problem is that I haven't figured out how to effectively do it. I tried spraying EO tire cleaner on them for my Ody but w/o scrubbing, it didn't really come out that nice.

I guess the other queston is, is it worth it? One drive in the car and the treads are filthy again.

EXACTLY.........:o

ask4j
11-05-2006, 05:48 PM
Unless the car is being trailered back and forth to shows, I really can't see a purpose for it