PDA

View Full Version : WGDGPS applied at night?

Pages : [1] 2

superd
06-16-2010, 05:13 PM
I just finished the first two steps of the WG TSR & FG. The results are just as everyone reports.......AWESOME!! 99% of my defects were removed and it was my first time with the PC.

After the first two steps were completed I was called in to work and was unable to apply the WGDGPS this afternoon. I am curious if it's ok to apply at night since it's summer? It's 84 degree's today, our dew point is at 66 degree's, humidity at 50% (our usual is over 70%), our low is expect to be in the low 70's tonight and the car is garaged. The garage is insulated, but not climate controlled. I would like to get the WGDGPS down tonight after work around 11pm to protect the paint since I will have to drive it tomorrow around noon. I'd hate to drive it naked (no paint protection)

Is this feasible? I don't want to ruin the results and hard work.

I plan on posting pic's when it's completed!!

:work: Feed back please

rwright
06-16-2010, 05:34 PM
The directions say to apply to paint, wait 45 minutes then buff off. So you should be good. I would wipe the car down with isopropyl alcohol before applying WGDGPS just to make sure nothing is on the paint.

A4 1.8tqm
06-16-2010, 05:40 PM
:iagree: you'll be fine. Looking forward to pics!

ScottB
06-16-2010, 06:18 PM
consider a quick light rewash if car is dusty, and apply. Your temps sound delicious.

superd
06-16-2010, 06:22 PM
The directions say to apply to paint, wait 45 minutes then buff off. So you should be good. I would wipe the car down with isopropyl alcohol before applying WGDGPS just to make sure nothing is on the paint.

I'm not familiar with the isopropyl alcohol wipe down. Is it diluted? I was planning on using the WG Detail Sprits prior to applying the WG DGPS. Would I benefit more by using the isopropyl alcohol for a wipe down? If so what's the best method for the wipe down?

Feed back please

A4 1.8tqm
06-16-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm not familiar with the isopropyl alcohol wipe down. Is it diluted? I was planning on using the WG Detail Sprits prior to applying the WG DGPS. Would I benefit more by using the isopropyl alcohol for a wipe down? If so what's the best method for the wipe down?

Feed back please

Bought at 91%, IPA can be used straight or you can dilute it if you like. If your not absolutely sure that your happy with your correction results, use the IPA to clean any leftover product residues and check for any flaws that you want to remove. If your correction is already up to your own standards, you should be fine with the WG Detail Spritz if there is no more than light dust. Otherwise do a quick wash as killr suggested.

Rsurfer
06-16-2010, 07:05 PM
Since you drove the car, you should give it an IPA wipe down or a QD before sealing. Let sealant cure for 12 hrs. before any mositure hits the paint.

jayhkr
06-16-2010, 07:14 PM
Since you drove the car, you should give it an IPA wipe down or a QD before sealing. Let sealant cure for 12 hrs. before any mositure hits the paint.

So if you have to wait 12 hours before it rains or you rewash it, then why are you able to apply wax afterwards? I don't own any WG products, but I'm getting ready to do my first polishing event so I was a little confused about this.

However it is good to know that after I polish and before I put sealant on if something did come up I can wipe the paint down with IPA when I get that next opportuninty to continue the process.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-16-2010, 07:18 PM
Do you do an IPA wipedown after polishing to make sure you truly removed the defects?

What color is your car?

1hawaii50
06-16-2010, 07:42 PM
So if you have to wait 12 hours before it rains or you rewash it, then why are you able to apply wax afterwards? I don't own any WG products, but I'm getting ready to do my first polishing event so I was a little confused about this.

However it is good to know that after I polish and before I put sealant on if something did come up I can wipe the paint down with IPA when I get that next opportuninty to continue the process.

I always apply the sealant right after the TSR and the Finishing Glaze. Then the next day (after 12 hours has passed), I do a quick wash/rinse, and I wax the car.

superd
06-16-2010, 08:15 PM

Luckily my work provides a car and didn't have to drive the car I'm detailing. I will have to drive it tomorrow and I hope to get 1 layer down tonight and an additional layer prior to driving it tomorrow.

I haven't used the WG products prior and so far I'm very impressed. If I were to choose a wax to put over the WG DGPS on a white SUV would Fuzion be recommended? I have some of the Pinn Liq Sov left over but I've heard a lot of good things about the Fuzion. Not sure what difference I could expect between the two but my curiosity is getting the best of me. I've been contemplating the purchase since it's on the BOGO for only a few more days!

:buffing:

rwright
06-16-2010, 08:37 PM
You will receive quite a few responses about what to put over white. My opinion, and it's just that - an opinion, is use the Liquid Souveran since you already have it. With that being said, if you can afford Fuzion (don't know your financial situation and don't want to know) purchase it. It is super simple to use. The mini's are a great way to determine if you will like it. However, with the sale going on right now with the full size pot that is even more tempting. But you only get 1 - no refill, no box. One of my favorites though is Pinnacle Signature Series II. It is on sale also (:hungry:). Another favorite of mine is Dodo Juice Supernatural. The best part is that once you correct your paint, simply order other waxes and use a paint cleaner to remove existing wax, then apply your newest addition until you find the right combo for you! Very simple process after correction. Best of luck!

1hawaii50
06-17-2010, 04:34 AM
I never thought I would spend the money of Fuzion, but I picked up 2 minis on the BOGO, and I am a believer. It is all I will use on my car now.

superd
06-17-2010, 05:51 AM
How many applications could I expect to get out of one mini on a large SUV? I think I might add to cart depending on how far one jar goes.
:dblthumb2:

1hawaii50
06-17-2010, 09:48 AM
How many applications could I expect to get out of one mini on a large SUV? I think I might add to cart depending on how far one jar goes.
:dblthumb2:

I would think you would get 2-3 applications easy. You use VERY LITTLE when applying.