PDA

View Full Version : spray wax

jcash60
06-16-2010, 03:40 PM
I now use a seater and a spray wax. I seal and then maintain with a spray wax. I`ve been using Meguiars Ultimate Spray Wax at least 2 times a week and the car looks great [ white Mercedes ]. I was wondering if someone had a spray wax they liked extremely well, I`m looking for easy to apply and remove and does not stain rubber mouldings.

Rsurfer
06-16-2010, 03:59 PM
I now use a seater and a spray wax. I seal and then maintain with a spray wax. I`ve been using Meguiars Ultimate Spray Wax at least 2 times a week and the car looks great [ white Mercedes ]. I was wondering if someone had a spray wax they liked extremely well, I`m looking for easy to apply and remove and does not stain rubber mouldings.
You will be amazed with Souveran Spray Wax or Optimum Car Wax.

Larry A
06-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Duragloss Aquawax is great.It will last a month.

CH.Detailing
06-16-2010, 04:27 PM
Rsurfer, how do you apply OCW? When I try to use it I can't seem to get a haze free finish no matter what! I want to like it, I should like it, but as it is I try to avoid it. I normally use a Meg's Supreme Shine MF to apply, should I use something with a little more nap to it?

snowking724
06-16-2010, 04:48 PM
1z spray wax is super slick and shiny

RTexasF
06-16-2010, 05:11 PM
As far as a true wax, one with carnauba in it, Optimum is the way to go in my opinion. I also use Duragloss Aquawax (a sealant) and Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax (another sealant) on occasion. Continuous application , for me, would require the Optimum product. The others are for once a month use give or take. In my observation they will slightly dull flake with too much use. Just my take.

trhland
06-16-2010, 05:36 PM
pinnacle q/ds and adams are alli use . but theres alot out there most are good these days ... its personal preference really.. alotofpeople love mequiers last touch q/d .. i dont ..doesnt mean its bad im justnot crazy about it..

BobbyG
06-16-2010, 05:44 PM
If you haven't tried Optimums Car Wax you owe it to yourself to give it a try, you won't be disappointed.... :props:

ScottB
06-16-2010, 06:17 PM
for a true spray wax, consider Pinnacles Souveran Spray or Four Star Spray Wax (smells nasty, works really well however)

Old Tiger
06-16-2010, 06:49 PM
for a true spray wax, consider Pinnacles Souveran Spray or Four Star Spray Wax (smells nasty, works really well however)
I absolutely agree with Killr ABOUT THESE TWO. Four Star is my personal favorite. I also like OCW but find it a bit more finicky in SC humidity. I would love to see OCW with Polycharger like the other two. I love Polycharger! I got some DG AW to boost the DG 105 on my wheels which are chrome on both of my vehicles.

Rsurfer
06-16-2010, 06:56 PM
Rsurfer, how do you apply OCW? When I try to use it I can't seem to get a haze free finish no matter what! I want to like it, I should like it, but as it is I try to avoid it. I normally use a Meg's Supreme Shine MF to apply, should I use something with a little more nap to it?Apply thin coats. If it's really humid you might have some hazing.