PDA

View Full Version : Steps between WG TSR, FG 3.0, & WGDGPS 3.0

superd
06-15-2010, 05:08 PM
Trying out my new 7424xp!! (B-day present from the Mother-in-law)

I just finished my first step with the WG TSR and had to hang it up and go to work. This is my second day at it trying to do a Denali (thankfully I listened to everyone and ordered a lot of pads). I noticed that I'm creating a fine dust and I'm concerned about getting rid of all the dust prior to the applying the WGFG 3.0. It seems as if when wiping down with my Cobra MF's some of the dust is being stubborn and moving around without completely coming off the paint. I assume the second step with the FG will also create dust prior to applying the WGDGPS. Will this hurt the paint if I don't get all of it off prior to the next step? Since I have the vehicle inside and taped if it can be avoided I would prefer not washing it. Will this hurt the paint prior to the next step? Any suggestions would help.

Also how long will DP pad rejuvenator last with out a lid? I started yesterday and will most likely finish tomorrow.

Here's the steps I took so far;

-wash with WG Auto Bathe
-Pinnicle clay
-WG TSR 3.0

Next two steps
-WG FG
-WG DGPS 2 coats
***Undecided if I top it off with a Pinnicle Liquid Sov, or nothing at all

Any suggestions regarding wax over the WG DGPS would be helpful, this would be the first time trying it.

:pc7424::buffing: Feed back please

Dubbin1
06-15-2010, 05:13 PM
You will want all of the polish dust off before applying the sealant/wax.

Shane731
06-15-2010, 05:20 PM
:iagree:

superd
06-15-2010, 05:32 PM
Could I use WG Detail Sprits between steps?

oldmodman
06-15-2010, 07:12 PM
Keep your wife.

You have a great Mother in Law:props: