PDA

View Full Version : Need feedback on plan of attack

TeddyKGB
06-15-2010, 09:22 AM
So I took my bday off to detail my 03 Cobra. :dblthumb2:

Trying to make it look like a mirror for a Cobra event this weekend! It is a mineral grey (color of wet sand)

I washed it and have already clayed it. Overall it is pretty good shape with only a few light scratches, no spider webbing, marring or swirling.

My thought is to do the following since it is in pretty good shape (garage queen)

Mezerna 106FA with a Edge Blue Pad
Pinnacle Liquid Souveran with Edge White Pad
Pinnacle SSII with Edge Red Pad.

In my aresnal I have the Edge Yellow, Green, Orange Blue, White and Red pads. For polishes sealants, glazes and waxes I have

Merzerna PO83Q
Merzerna 106FA
Klasse High Gloss Sealant
Pinnacle Liquid Souveran
Pinnacle Sig Series II
Nattys Paste Blue

Should I go a little more aggressive and start with PO83Q & Orange, then 106FA & Blue and just finish with SSII and the white/red? Or is that overkill?

Thanks!

cobalt9123
06-15-2010, 11:00 AM
I think the 106 would probably do it. Always go least aggressive approach first and do a test spot, per mikes directions. I would do sig series 2 first, THEN top it with liquid souveran. Should be looking pretty great then :)

christian900se
06-15-2010, 11:59 AM
You have a good plan of attack for sure, 106 will really jewel the paint to it's best potential which will bring the flake and gloss out as much as possible. I personally would apply two coats of Signature Series II over one coat of each because the difference in looks would be negligable and the durability of Sig. Series will be better and personally, after using both waxes, will really let your metallic flake shine through slightly more.

TeddyKGB
06-15-2010, 12:39 PM
Thanks to both. I decided to go with the 106 & blue pad after I hit a couple of spots with the 83 & orange pad, namely the front bumper cover and a small spot on the trunk lid.

My 6 min lunch break is over and its time to head back out there.