PDA

View Full Version : Do not trade any products with SouthernStyles

Pages : [1] 2

Streetlife
06-15-2010, 12:41 AM
Sorry rwright, i'm still waiting for the Pinnacle cleansing lotion 16 oz size that i was supposed to receive in a trade for an 8oz size of SCG wash and wax and an 8 oz size of SCG Barrier Reef from Fast Eddy. Here's the Tracking number i provided after i upheld my end of the bargain:1zr390940351671470, via UPS. I shipped those two items to him on 03-13-2010, still waiting, and i've got all kinds of excuses i can post ( the most despicable lie was saying he was in Haiti helping out with relief efforts) or PM them to you if you'd like me to. So to all of my fellow Autogeek members, DO NOT DO ANY TRADES WITH THIS CROOK. I see why he chose to name his detailing business Fast Eddy's, should be FAST EDDY'S Detail Product Stealing. For further reference, you can check the classified add from the beginning of March at Autopia's website. I Just don't want anyone else to be ripped off, just looking out for all of my forum family here at Autogeek.

ScottB
06-15-2010, 08:45 AM
This is why Autogeek does not approve of reselling, and even cringes when we see trading posts gone bad. We cannot intervene, but I hope all parties resolve the issue now and amicably so that all are happy and jovial on site.

Once the other party has issued a response, hopefully with a reasonable explantation, post will be closed for reference only. Please members, substain from name calling and posts just to add fuel to fire.

Meghan
06-15-2010, 08:47 AM
This is why Autogeek does not approve of reselling, and even cringes when we see trading posts gone bad. We cannot intervene, but I hope all parties resolve the issue now and amicably so that all are happy and jovial on site.

:whs: Exactly why we do not like to get in the middle of these...

Streetlife
06-15-2010, 08:53 AM
:whs: Exactly why we do not like to get in the middle of these...

:props: I agree, and understand. I'm completely happy with my arsenal, i have enough products to last 3 lifetimes. Like my dad always said, it's OK to make a mistake as long as you learn from it.

Meghan
06-15-2010, 11:01 AM
:props: I agree, and understand. I'm completely happy with my arsenal, i have enough products to last 3 lifetimes. Like my dad always said, it's OK to make a mistake as long as you learn from it.
Dad gave you a good piece of info to live by! It would be nice to be able to trust everyone on these forums, but the reality is you don't ever know who is sitting behind the keyboard when speaking to them.

VISITOR
06-15-2010, 12:38 PM
it's a shame more people aren't honest these days...

DARK HORSE
06-15-2010, 08:55 PM
SS, I think we are entitled to an explanation? (I know another member who made a trade with you, and still hasn't recieved his product from you) :dunno:

CEE DOG
06-15-2010, 09:13 PM
Haiti relief efforts, Wow!
I've had good intentions taken advantage of a few times in my life and it is always a sad thing. It takes a little bit of good away from human kind every time somebody does something like that.
Like Tad said, I caught on to somebody else getting the same treatment as you by this individual when I was reading a couple posts last night.
The AG stance on this subject makes perfect sense and is definetly clear that it's between us forum members if something goes wrong. Lucky for me I have only had great sample trade experiences with members like Tad, David, and Richard.

Thanks for giving us the heads up on this!

Grizzly
06-15-2010, 09:50 PM
This should be interesting.

rwright
06-15-2010, 10:09 PM
I was trying to avoid doing this very thing but apparently I'm not the only person he has ripped off. I call for a ban. I know Auto Geek is not at fault as we do this privately but this time he posted on a public forum about the trade. Yes arrangements were made in private but the fact that he posted publicly should count for something. It's pretty sad when a person has to steal detailing supplies from honest people and use them to take money from customers. I'm willing to bet the guy does a horrible job on his so called details and probably explains that his mistakes are normal regardless of who does the work. I was only taken for a ride for 3/4 of a bottle of Red Mist but who knows what he has stolen from other members. He told me twice now that he has mailed the Natty's Red that he owes me but still nothing. Feel free to cruise over to the Samples thread under the Product Giveaway forum to see his postings publicly. I have included what pm's I had left after cleaning out my inbox. Too bad we aren't aloud to have more storage space.

6/08/2010 8:32pm

I mailed out the Red Mist and Griot's Speed Shine yesterday but I left the tracking number at my house. I work out of town so I will contact my wife tonight and pass along the info.

Thanks again,
Richard

Thank you sir im shipping the Nattys out tomm! I was going to Monday but had things come up! But thank you for mailing!

6/10/2010 4:33pm

Just checking in to see if you mailed out the Natty's Red? Has your package arrived?

Thanks,
Richard

6/11/2010 12:42 am

Sorry for not responding i had to take a trip to florida ill be at my shop tomm morning and will ship your package first thing! I hope you enjoy your Nattys when it gets to you! :buffing:

6/13/2010 11:06pm - User was active online, Sent from my iPhone

get that mailed out yet?

No response.

6/14/2010 11:26am - Sent from my iPhone

Hey, when do you plan to ship out the natty's red? It's been a week now. Just wondering.

No response.

6/14/2010 11:35pm

Is it really that hard to respond to someone? I know that you are active on the forum. This is my last attempt to contact you about the Natty's Red that you owe me. The next step will be contacting employees of Auto Geek. I trusted you to trade a simple product and you are not living up to your word. I have been very patient with you but at this point you have stopped communication with me. All I'm asking for is a response and the product you owe me, a 3/4 full tub of Natty's Red.

Thanks,
Richard

Finally a response

6/14/2010 11:49pm

Is it really that hard to respond to someone? I know that you are active on the forum. This is my last attempt to contact you about the Natty's Red that you owe me. The next step will be contacting employees of Auto Geek. I trusted you to trade a simple product and you are not living up to your word. I have been very patient with you but at this point you have stopped communication with me. All I'm asking for is a response and the product you owe me, a 3/4 full tub of Natty's Red.

Thanks,
Richard

Sorry i have been logging on via iphone so its hard to use. But I did ship it so you will get it this week! Sorry it took longer than expected! I had a few family things come up. Enjoy the Nattys Richard!

6/14/2010 11:52pm

Thanks for some type of update. I know it's silly and it's only over $20 worth of product, but to me trust is worth more. I look forward to receving the product.

Thanks

His response

6/14/2010 11:53

I completely understand and im sorry for the confusion! Have a great and blessed day my friend.

I guess this is what I get for being a very trusting person. Such a shame too.

VISITOR
06-15-2010, 10:23 PM
I call for a ban.

while there are always two sides to a story.. any person who makes a trade or sells to another person, should come through as well as the other party involved. people who are dishonest do not deserve to be affililated with others that are honest, hardworking good people. if there is one thing that i dislike or hate (don't really like to use that word, but in this case it's appropriate), are theives of any kind and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. taking something from someone who paid good money and worked hard for it is not right. hopefully, this matter gets resolved soon, good luck...

CEE DOG
06-15-2010, 10:26 PM
Richard, it sucks when somebody with character and good will is taken advantage of by somebody without. I pity people that are cons and lack character. That must be a sad life.

rwright
06-15-2010, 10:29 PM
Yes there are two sides to every story. I'm not one for trouble but he brought this on. I know of someone that was banned for simply asking where a product was made, this is much more serious and he actually deserves it.

CEE DOG
06-15-2010, 10:35 PM
Forget about him Richard, it's not worth another ounce of your energy or the addition of any negative energy to you. Instead of trading one product for another you traded a product for the knowledge that this is one person you'll never have to waste your time or energy on again. :dblthumb2:

rwright
06-15-2010, 10:40 PM
Thanks Corey. I wish I could be so laid back like you! I guess the positive side of this situation is that I was able to dispose of a product that I really don't care for! I'm not one for a streaky QD (sorry Tad). Hopefully the OP will be taken care of though.