PDA

View Full Version : My flyer design(not final)

Pages : [1] 2

GK Auto Spa
06-14-2010, 01:40 PM
These are an example of my flyer design! I won't commit to this design it's TOO BUSY for my taste,but a good start. I gave the info to the guy last night & im amazed that he has something to show alreadii!

Front
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m63/gksport/GKAutoSpa.jpg

Rear
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m63/gksport/GKAutoSpa2.jpg

Wendell Jarvis
06-14-2010, 01:56 PM
The Flyer looks good, I agree with you, it is extremely busy (way too much info) being in Sales and Marketing for over 15 yrs ( Adverting also) one of the many things I learned was to keep it simple, stress your product, but don't overkill with too much information, its like fishing, give them a taste, but don't give the whole bait away....the pricing is one thing I would certainly remove....sell them on your skills and services rather than pricing...also, that could give someone sticker shock (not saying your prices are too high or too low) other than that...it looked great to me. My wife and I do flyer blitz in upscale neighborhoods ever so often(Rainy Days are great to do this) the return isn't the best in the world, maybe 1 out of 100 flyers you will get a call....but, that's a great way to WOW the customer and get some referrals from them........good luck.

GK Auto Spa
06-14-2010, 02:13 PM
The Flyer looks good, I agree with you, it is extremely busy (way too much info) being in Sales and Marketing for over 15 yrs ( Adverting also) one of the many things I learned was to keep it simple, stress your product, but don't overkill with too much information, its like fishing, give them a taste, but don't give the whole bait away....the pricing is one thing I would certainly remove....sell them on your skills and services rather than pricing...also, that could give someone sticker shock (not saying your prices are too high or too low) other than that...it looked great to me. My wife and I do flyer blitz in upscale neighborhoods ever so often(Rainy Days are great to do this) the return isn't the best in the world, maybe 1 out of 100 flyers you will get a call....but, that's a great way to WOW the customer and get some referrals from them........good luck.

What is "flyer blitz"? Simplicity is best in advertising. I wanna communicate on a Dupont Registry level as far as look/writing or whole image. Simple & clear.

i shouldn't be able to see where the logo starts or finish or anything protruding thru other writing or designs.

Thanx for the complement though!

CEE DOG
06-14-2010, 03:04 PM
Very nice, but a couple thoughts.
I agree too busy.
Dark font on top of dark backgroud not legible.

gumbedamit
06-14-2010, 03:16 PM
This is the basic flyer that I use, please critique, thanx

GK Auto Spa
06-14-2010, 03:31 PM
Very nice, but a couple thoughts.
I agree too busy.
Dark font on top of dark backgroud not legible.

Same thing i say! He revised it for me & STILL im not happy enuff to publish it!

Thanx for the feedback! I "Kinda" like the front with a few adjustments!

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m63/gksport/Last1.jpg

GK Auto Spa
06-14-2010, 03:34 PM
This is the basic flyer that I use, please critique, thanx

I like the fact that you cover different genre's of the automotive industry The TOP NOTCH Bugatti & the Street Rod. So,in other words you aren't discriminating any type of vehicle you clean as long as they KEEP IT GREEN!!

uxu
06-14-2010, 04:35 PM
Check your spelling on 'guarantee' on the backside. The font makes it a bit hard to tell - but it looks like it needs a spell check.

I agree that the colors are a bit too dark (gradient) with the black text.

trhland
06-14-2010, 05:20 PM
the colors i like alot . so for sure keep them..:xyxthumbs:

christian900se
06-14-2010, 05:40 PM
I definately understand your challenge of avoiding wordy flyers as I have often found it difficult to balance offering enough information to accurately represent the service you offer but keeping it streamlined. Your second interation is much more concise and the overall design works very well so great job on that front!

CEE DOG
06-14-2010, 05:45 PM
the colors i like alot . so for sure keep them..:xyxthumbs:

I definately understand your challenge of avoiding wordy flyers as I have often found it difficult to balance offering enough information to accurately represent the service you offer but keeping it streamlined. Your second interation is much more concise and the overall design works very well so great job on that front!

:iagree:

Yancy
06-14-2010, 07:01 PM
GK,

Ok here are my thoughts about your brochure, the first design was very busy, but the second is pretty plain. There is a certain balance that has to be there between the graphics and copy, remember that the graphics is what will attract the reader to the piece, with the copy be short and concise, what I always go by is features tell and benefits sell. The more benefits the higher the response from the consumer. Nobody wants to read a brochure that will tell them how to do it, they what to know what they will get as a end result and that is where your benefits come in.

I would definitely not list your prices, this limits your brochure shelf life and locks you into prices that you might not be able to meet in the future. Nothing like having to take a hit on a job due to them holding you to outdated prices. "call today for a onsite quote" would be your best option.

Another thing that has me thinking, is this just a one sided 8.5 x 11 flyer? Are you just going to be handing these out by hand or are you going to be mailing these? If you are going to be mailing them remember that you will have to stuff the envelopes and your flyer will be inside NOT being seen. I have personally seen better results from two sided double fold flyers with a back panel for mailing, then a stand alone one sided flyer stuffed into a envelope. Plus you will have the cost of the envelopes to take into consider also. The time to stuff and address and seal the envelopes all costs. It is a lot easier and faster to just take the pre-folded flyer, print and Avery label, slap on a stamp and drop in the mail.

As far as the colors I am fine with that, very soothing, I like the first design, but I would make a few changes

1. Fade back the background graphics, where they come part of the background instead of competing with what you are trying to say.

2. Dark text on dark colors don't work.... Period!

3. Change the font, hard to read. 2 font faces max.

4. Make your logo and contact info very noticeable, you don't want people wondering who you are and how to get ahold of you.

Hope this helps you and if you have any more questions feel free to hit me up, :)

Bunky
06-14-2010, 07:24 PM
My thoughts.

1. For descriptions, I would spell out all words (dress'd, clean'd) and use commas instead of slashes

2. For core competencies, where is being a good detailer? The kerning in the whole competencies should be even.

3. Is the hours really necessary? 7 days a week should be sufficient given your time span -- 7am to 7pm? The light blue (cyan) text is hard to read.

4. Maybe move the 100% guarantee close to the good detailer comment in my second comment.

5. Maybe ditch the call "comment" and just make the phone number a lot larger. or say "For appointments or additional information call...."

6. The blank area below the center pic seems to want something...maybe move the 100% guarantee there and make it bigger.

7. Maybe.

"We welcome you" at top centered
then row of 3 pics
then pricing with 100% in center
then GK Auto Spa in big letters
then phone number
then email
then web site
then one line at bottom of core competencies all in one line

feslope
06-14-2010, 08:00 PM
Where are you located? or What area do you service? Can't tell from the flyer.

GK Auto Spa
06-15-2010, 08:50 AM

Thanks!! He said i had 3 changes & im all out. With my other business this usually happends to me(i run out of time before i get what i need). I wish i had a friend that went to school for Graphic Design,not for cheap rates but to understand my vision!

It's Kool though,i won't give up!