PDA

View Full Version : Detailing a Silver EVO XI

LichtS
06-14-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm doing a full detail on a Silver Mitsubishi EVO this week.

What wax should I use for LSP? I believe the vehicle is stored outside, so I want to provide an extra layer of protection by applying sealant before wax. I have DP Poli-Coat and WG DGPS so I'll decide what I'm going to use that day.

In the way of waxes, I have many. Fuzion; Natty's Red; DODO supernatural, white diamond, blue velvet, hard candy, doublewax; Liquid Souveran, the list goes on...

Any support, comments, or suggestions are welcomed. Look for the post in the show & shine section later in the week.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-14-2010, 11:13 AM
WGDGPS topped with Supernatural.

dublifecrisis
06-14-2010, 11:38 AM
You mean EVO IX right : )

LichtS
06-14-2010, 11:45 AM
WGDGPS topped with Supernatural.

Is this what you use on your Z06? I haven't used my Supernatural yet, how is the life on it?

You mean EVO IX right : )

I stand corrected. My bad!

ryandamartini
06-14-2010, 12:03 PM
If your looking for something to just look good on silver and not break the bank, you have a few options.

With silver, especially a nice flaky silver, you want something a lil synthetic to ignite the flake and put reflection into a typically non-reflective color.

Carnaubas I would recommend:
Pinnacle Signature Series II
DP MaxWax

Sealants:
Wolfgang DGPS
Duragloss 105

WRAPT C5Z06
06-14-2010, 02:26 PM
Is this what you use on your Z06? I haven't used my Supernatural yet, how is the life on it?

No, I use FK1000P. I prefer to only use sealants on light metallics because they give more of a reflective look and make the metallic pop. You mentioned carnauba as a topper, and for a carnauba, supernatural(I've tried it) gives a sealant-ish look.

Slava
06-14-2010, 02:54 PM
On my silver Subaru I've used, Poli Coat topped, DP Max, DODO white diamond, Liquid Souveran and Pinnacle Signature Series II.
My personal preference is SSII. It gives great wet look and really makes the flakes pop.