PDA

View Full Version : Foam Cannon presoaks

GK Auto Spa
06-13-2010, 06:40 PM
Do anyone charge for this presoak? ...if so how much?

CEE DOG
06-13-2010, 06:47 PM
I wouldn't "charge" for it. You could list it as part of your service as a marketing tool (dare I say gimmick)...
In my mind it should have no value to the educated client who buys your service. When it comes to the wash they are paying for you to get their vehicle clean with a safe product and without scratching it. How you do that should not have to matter to them. But that doesn't mean that some of your clients won't get excited when they hear about or see this foam all over their car.

GK Auto Spa
06-13-2010, 07:24 PM
Thanx,i was just wondering. I never used this cannon before,but i think i will get it later on to diffrentiate myself from the locals.

CriticalDetails
06-13-2010, 07:34 PM
I would include it free of charge, the presoak doesn't add too much additional time or cost to the wash process. I personally do not feel right knowing that I could have done something better or safer when it comes to detailing a vehicle.

gumbedamit
06-14-2010, 01:43 PM
Got one about a month ago. I use it as a 2 step wash, the clients love it. I spray the wheels down with a cleaner, then white out the car. I use 2 buckets, one with soap and mitt that I use to wash the car. The other bucket is used for the tires and rims. It saves me lots of time because I don't have to presoak the car prior to washing. Then I just pressure rinse the car and dry. It's all part of my wash process, no addional charge and it saves me time.

maximus20895
06-14-2010, 01:46 PM
Thanx,i was just wondering. I never used this cannon before,but i think i will get it later on to diffrentiate myself from the locals.

That's how you do business! Make your business UNIQUE! :props:

GK Auto Spa
06-14-2010, 01:52 PM
Got one about a month ago. I use it as a 2 step wash, the clients love it. I spray the wheels down with a cleaner, then white out the car. I use 2 buckets, one with soap and mitt that I use to wash the car. The other bucket is used for the tires and rims. It saves me lots of time because I don't have to presoak the car prior to washing. Then I just pressure rinse the car and dry. It's all part of my wash process, no addional charge and it saves me time.

this is my idea of the TWO BUCKET system 1 for the car & 1 for the rims/tires but i see some use 1 to wash & 1 to rinse!

It's all good if the customers happy! :dblthumb2:

gumbedamit
06-14-2010, 02:17 PM
I don't see the need to have a bucket to rinse. Once you pressure rinse with a pressure washer and then use the California car squeegee to get most of the water off, then it just takes one small MF to complete the drying. The California car squeegee works well, even if there are small particles left on the car, it pushes them off instead of getting stuck on the drying towel and possibly scratching the paint. I'm all about what works best and saves me time.

Dubbin1
06-14-2010, 02:19 PM
I don't see the need to have a bucket to rinse. Once you pressure rinse with a pressure washer and then use the California car squeegee to get most of the water off, then it just takes one small MF to complete the drying. The California car squeegee works well, even if there are small particles left on the car, it pushes them off instead of getting stuck on the drying towel and possibly scratching the paint. I'm all about what works best and saves me time.

The rinse bucket is to rinse off your wash mitt before placing it back in the wash bucket.

gumbedamit
06-14-2010, 02:33 PM
The rinse bucket is to rinse off your wash mitt before placing it back in the wash bucket.I use a Grit Gaurd in the bucket. The Foam Cannon does a great job of lossening the dirt and making it flow down. Just a personal preference for me. I used to use 3 buckets before I got the Foam Cannon, using 3 buckets now would just seem like overkill. Over the weekends, I'm washing 40-60 cars, (during the week I detail), clients are happy, I'm happy and all is right with the world.

Dubbin1
06-14-2010, 02:45 PM
I use a Grit Gaurd in the bucket. The Foam Cannon does a great job of lossening the dirt and making it flow down. Just a personal preference for me. I used to use 3 buckets before I got the Foam Cannon, using 3 buckets now would just seem like overkill. Over the weekends, I'm washing 40-60 cars, (during the week I detail), clients are happy, I'm happy and all is right with the world.

I'm not talking about using three buckets just two. One for the soap and one to rinse the wash mitt. I keep grit guards in both.

I'm not trying to change the way you wash cars, I was just explaining that the rinse bucket wasn't used to rinse the car.

LuxuryMobile
06-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Be careful using that Cali Jelly Blade. It can easily drag anything left on the car right across the paint, just like an absorber or similar drying tool.

The Jelly Blade doesn’t not allow, or even give the opportunity for any contaminates to not be dragged across the paint. The flat blade drags water (and possible contaminates) off of the paint, as a result "drying" the car.

The benefit to using a waffle weave MF drying to shouldn’t be over looked. The pockets of the towel, which give it the "waffle" weave name allow any contaminants to be picked up in the pockets as you wipe the car dry. Therefore not dragging contaminates across the paint.

I do use the Cali Jelly Blade to dry windows and convertible tops.

Just my 2 cents