PDA

View Full Version : MFs in your SWMBO's washing machine

InTheBuff
06-13-2010, 04:45 PM
Question for you fellas out there. When you wash your precious microfibers in the household washing machine, what do you do?

I've been using a dedicated MF shampoo/cleaner for the wash and vinegar in the fabric softener dispenser.

Here's my question, should I be pre-washing the washing machine to prevent residues from collecting on my microfiber cloths? Is the MF cleaner strong enough to prevent the laundry detergent and softener residues from fouling my MF cloths?

Also, how do you convince the significant other that the washing machine is not in any danger?

Dubbin1
06-13-2010, 05:18 PM
All you're doing is washing towels. Just don't add any fabric softener, its no different then washing your bath towels.

Jumpingbean
06-13-2010, 05:39 PM
In any danger of what? You're washing fabric in a machine designed to wash fabric. I don't get it.

CEE DOG
06-13-2010, 06:33 PM
Should I be pre-washing the washing machine to prevent residues from collecting on my microfiber cloths? Is the MF cleaner strong enough to prevent the laundry detergent and softener residues from fouling my MF cloths?
We are all guilty of making things more complicated then they need to be with our "AOCD". This is a pretty powerful example. Don't worry about it. The possible extremely minute amount of any residue that could be left over would be so diluted with your new load it is not something you should ever think about again. Have no fears!

Also, how do you convince the significant other that the washing machine is not in any danger?
Use a lot of words like Organic, Environmentally Friendly, and Gentle.

Something that does worry me a tad is I have a septic drainfield and I know over time those waxes aren't good for it. But I think it'll be alright too.

CriticalDetails
06-13-2010, 07:52 PM

Show them that the microfiber towels you use for detailing are nicer than the towels in the bath closet.

jayhkr
06-13-2010, 09:30 PM
I'm getting ready to order a few dozen towels and wanted to know if I need to wash them before I use them for the first time. Also how do you all store your MF's? I bought a plastic 5 drawr "thingy" to keep them in and plan on labeling what goes in each drawr, but I wanted to know if after they are completly dry does anyone store them in ziplock bags inside a storage compartment? Since I plan on spending a fairly large amount of $$ on this order, I don't want to take any chances on ruining them. Suggestions?

CriticalDetails
06-13-2010, 09:49 PM
I store my microfiber towels, Buffing pads, foam applicators and wash media in clear plastic flip top bins. In addition to the plastic bins, I store my foam applicators in individually labeled bags to prevent cross contamination. Remember not to fully seal the bag or you may have a problem with mold growth.

CEE DOG
06-13-2010, 10:32 PM
I store my microfiber towels, Buffing pads, foam applicators and wash media in clear plastic flip top bins. In addition to the plastic bins, I store my foam applicators in individually labeled bags to prevent cross contamination. Remember not to fully seal the bag or you may have a problem with mold growth.

I do very similar. Bags in plastic drawers and containers.

However the baggies for my app pads do get sealed. After I'm done with an app pad I rinse it and let it dry somewhere clean for a couple days. Then I drop it in its bag and store it.

jayhkr
06-13-2010, 11:09 PM
Thanks, that was kind of the way I was thinking of going, but just wanted to see what others do.