PDA

View Full Version : Starting out detailing other peoples cars

Eighty5Iroc
06-12-2010, 09:16 AM
Up until now I have been doing my cars for years as well as friends and family's cars. Do to requests at my auto shop I am going to start detailing customers cars. I usually just work with OTC products and some Megs. I have a PC orbital, PC dual action, as well as a bunch of LC pads and wool. I also have 2 compressors for blowing/dusting/drying etc. A couple of different Vacs as well.

The products I use mostly are easy to buy and they work well for me, autoglym hd, surf city products, I purchased a set from shining monkey awhile ago and was not a fan. I aso use some turtle wax, Megs and some 3m products.

I would like some stuff more on the non OTC line and more professional. Heres what Im thinking of so far let me know if you guys have anything to add.

Autoglym HD
Collinite 845
Megs 105/205
Adams VRT
Sonax Wheel Cleaner
Interior Dressings?
Sealants??

I need help mostly with interior shampoo I have no idea where to go with it. I haven't read to much about them. Can you guys ad anything to my list and help me out? Thanks!

HighEndDetail
06-12-2010, 10:04 AM
For interior products. The DP line is my favorite

Sealants

WG DGPS
Four star UPP
DG 105
PB PwS
XMT 360

the new
DP poli-coat

Just to name a few

maximus20895
06-12-2010, 11:54 AM
For sealant use Menzerner Power Lock or Blackfire Wet Diamond.

105 and 205 are fine. You can also get a finer polish than 205 such as Menzerna 85RD.

DP Max Wax is a good wax as well.

Eighty5Iroc
06-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the help guys! I think Im going to order some DP products for the interior, Menzerna polishes, as well as megs 105/205. I still need to do some more research on sealants and how to use before I order some.

JonM
06-12-2010, 12:28 PM
If you want you can visit me in Woodbury and I'll give you a sample of basically every sealant named above and you can decide from there. I'll also tell you how to use them...easy as pie. I'm in France now, but I'll be back in a week.

Munich77
06-12-2010, 12:37 PM
For sealants you cannot beat BFWD - one of the detailers (DJ Mayo) uses Chemical Guys EZ Creme Glaze underneath. I have tried the same and as a hobbyist, I find the combination to be incredible.

Also since it is quite cheap and leaves a durable finish, you could also consider adding Collonite 845 to the regiment. Furthermore, Autoglym SRP is supposed to be good, too, with swirl filling capabilities.